Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mail Shirts are clothing  (Read 412 times)

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mail Shirts are clothing
« on: January 12, 2014, 03:09:45 am »

I decided to start making armor for my military, and read that mail shirts go well with breastplates are also protect the upper arms that no other armor can do. I decided to make steel mailshirts.

However, soon after crafting them I realized they were treated like clothing, and they get autoclaimed by civilian dwarves, as well as eventually wear down (they seem to wear down pretty quick too, I noticed that one unclaimed steel mailshirt was already in 'x' worn, despite it not being a year past).

I suppose them wearing down can't be helped, but is there a way to forbid certain types of clothing, like mail shirts and cloaks, from being claimed by civilians?

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mail Shirts are clothing
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 03:31:52 am »

Unless you've been doing some modding, mail shirts are not treated like clothing. Your mail shirts probably ended up in a refuse stockpile somehow. Any item in a refuse stockpile will wear out over time.

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mail Shirts are clothing
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 04:58:18 am »

Yeah I just made some steel breastplates, and for some inexplicable reason they too are rotting and disappearing! I have no idea what has happened, the only modding I've done is adding some text to the dwarven creature raw to stop attributes from decaying.

This doesn't seem to be happening to my iron armor equipment...

Anyone know what could have possibly happened? I'm using Lazy Newb Pack r44...

EDIT: I've realized what has happened. Turns out I actually did store them in a "refuse" stock pile because I made a semi-universal stockpile that accepts refues like skulls and bones...Armor is also ticked off in there.

I guess that means it's a refuse stockpile after all! All dat good steel wasted, and who knows what else has disappeared from that stockpile...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 05:02:47 am by MoloMowChow »