Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can You play Fortress Mode and adventure mode on the Same World?  (Read 2711 times)

dillonsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can You Play Fortress Mode and adventure mode on the same world?
And Also Can You Find your Own Fortress if so?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Can You play Fortress Mode and adventure mode on the Same World?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 12:47:03 am »

Yes, yes you can. The original conceit of the game way back in the day was to build a neat fortress, have it fail somehow, and then go back as an adventurer and explore it. It's particularly neat if your fortress created a lot of adventuring goods like weapons, armor, or crutches, since those things will still be around.

Note that you can't play Fort Mode and Adventure Mode at the same time, however, which means in the current version that you can only find your own abandoned fortresses.

dillonsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 01:00:28 am »

Yes, yes you can. The original conceit of the game way back in the day was to build a neat fortress, have it fail somehow, and then go back as an adventurer and explore it. It's particularly neat if your fortress created a lot of adventuring goods like weapons, armor, or crutches, since those things will still be around.

Note that you can't play Fort Mode and Adventure Mode at the same time, however, which means in the current version that you can only find your own abandoned fortresses.

Cool Do You Suggest I make a Advanced world or a normal one? Since it will be my main?

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 01:50:28 am »

Cool Do You Suggest I make a Advanced world or a normal one? Since it will be my main?

Its not an "advanced world" its just "advanced parameters," they let you alter the worldgen rules to suit your style, make the ground deeper or the mountains higher. Have you played yet? You should probably run a normal world until you know what you're looking for. Or, change nothing but jacking up the volcanoes. mmmmm volcanoes.

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 02:37:59 am »

adv world gen is a very good tool and you should definitely learn how to use it

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 10:32:35 pm »

adv world gen is a very good tool and you should definitely learn how to use it
I definitely agree, you should learn how to use the advanced generator.