Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rigor Imperia OOC Thread  (Read 1158 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Rigor Imperia OOC Thread
« on: January 12, 2014, 06:40:03 pm »

Okay since Mandate is going forward really really slow, i had the idea for a while now that it would be fun to do a Game where Players are Kings, Emperors, Nobles,Mercenaries and even religious figures of a fictional Medieval World. However here comes the clou, all battles are not rolled out but fought out in Multiplayer in Medieval II.
All other Mechanics are handled "offline", but the actual Battles are handled in the Game.

Players will fight ensuing battles in Medieval and take Screenshots, which will then posted in a battle report back in the IC Thread so that everybody has something of that.
Now before you leave because you don't own Medieval II, do not fret you can still play. It will be just a little more complex. You give Orders of a Battle beforehand and either i will lead your troops in your stead or (in the case that i have to handle rebel uprisings or other NPC Factions) you will decide upon another player to lead your men to victory.
In battles where i don't participate as direct combatant (example controlling Rebels, NPC Noble Uprisings etc.) i will however still partake as a Observer. Since Medieval II is weird that means i will build one Regiment and just watch the battle with them from afar and also take pictures.

Okay so still interested? Good now we come to the second part of the deal. Since i'd like the players to have as much freedom as possible in forming the world and its surroundings, players will submit their apps first and around that i will build the world. In contrary to YaK politics goes a bit in the background and battles go more in the foreground but we will see how it works out.

Now if you are still there here is what you (optionally need):

Total War: Medieval II 1.5 (the newest Update)
Total War: Medieval II Kingdoms 1.5 (the Newest Update)
Deus lo Vult 6.2 (thats a Mod for Kingdoms)

either Hamachi or Gameranger.

You have all of this or none of this? Good:

Spoiler:  English Set (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  French Set (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  German Set (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Scottish Set (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Byzantine Set (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Rus Set (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Moorish Set (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Seljuk Set (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Mamluck set (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Danish Set (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Portugese Set (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Polish Set (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Hungarian Set (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Mongol Set (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Flemish Set (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Irish Set (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Lithuanian set (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Teutonic Knights Set (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Norwegian Set (click to show/hide)

Okay You read until down here properly completely bugger-eyed from the whole mass of units available. Don't worry you don't have to keep that a close track of them, this was just to give you an overview what each Nationset possesses so that you dont end up with Infantry if you want Cavalry, but the Danes sounded better then the Mongols.

For Mercenary Players and Clergy Players there is a whole bunch of Units more, which i won't list here however, since they are unrelated to which faction you choose and will always stay the same. They are basically differently skinned units out of various other factions and have another name on them but work functionally the same.

Okay now you have read all this and think. Well and where are the Rules and Mechanics? Well those will come later when i know what factions are preferred and what people want to play. I have some stuff prepared and other things roughly in my head but i don't want to sit down and do extra rules for clergy players when nobody plays one. But if you want to have at least a rough idea of it. Take Yaks Rules on Land (Parcels and such stuff) add CK2s Levy System and Religious System to it and put some Medieval II on top of the rest. Don't worry it won't be THAT complicated.

If you are still interested, submit an app. I'll put no restriction on any position but we need at least one Player Kingdom.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Rigor Imperia OOC Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 06:57:17 pm »

Not as familiar with Medieval as I am with Rome. Does Medieval II have a good horse archer faction?

EDIT: Well, looks like some do, but I'm not sure just how exclusive they are. Ideally, I'd like to play the Medieval version of the Sarmatians, for maximum hilarity.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 06:59:51 pm by Remuthra »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 06:59:00 pm »

Posting to watch with interest. I might submit something later on.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 07:03:31 pm »

For added fun, this could use the Hyrule total war mod or the Third Age total war mod (Lotr).
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 07:38:03 pm »

Where are the Byzantine Vardariotai?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 03:16:54 pm »

Remuthra closest to Sarmatians would be Mongols otherwise you could take Rus and Mercenaries, since among those are Cuman Horse Archers and the Alans. The Alans are propably the closest to the Sarmatians...

MrVoid i thought about that at the beginning but eventually i decided against it, since i wanted to have a mostly Low Fantasy Setting. Hyrule i have noe xperience with nor with the Zelda Universe.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 05:03:10 pm »

Okay so that you guys actually have an idea of how this is going to work here some of the Rules. In this case we assume we deal with your Standard Feudal Kingdom.

Similiar to Crusader Kings 2 each Kingdom or any state whatsoever is divided into Counties. Which in turn belong to Duchies, which in Turn Belong to a Kingdom or Empire (or are independent.

Each County is build from One Castle, which needs to be conquered to conquer the county, and three outlying villages. Depending on luck these villages may contain worthwhile resources to be traded.
Each Duchy in turn consists of three Counties.

so What does this mean in effect? Lets take the Hypothetic Kingdom of Harsh. It consists of 3 Duchies. 9 Counties and it's Capital City of Highharsh.

Each County provides One Standard Levy per Village and One Noble Levy per County Castle. That means a starting County has 1 Knight Levy and 3 Standard Levies. Depending on the Laws in the Kingdom a Count has to provide different amounts of minimal Levy to his Liege.

Now lets assume our Kingdom of Harsh would be Scottish a Single County would look like this:

County of Wolgorad

Castle
Tier 1 Couny Court
Tier 1 Defenses
1/1 Units of 2-Hander Nobles

Villages
3 Tier 1 Villages
1/1 Units of Peasant Archers
2/2 Units of Highland Rabble

That means our Count of Wolgorad in this case could raise 4 Units of Levy at a whim. Lets assume the Levy Laws are at 1/3 Minimum that means that our Count has to provide at least 1/3 of his  Standard Levy to his Duke.He could either sent him the Archers or one unit of Highland Rabble. If he wants to please his lord he could of course raise all his units and move with all of them to support his Lord.
Of course nobody is only restricted to his Levies. From the Taxes of your County and the money from Trade you can build Professional Troops the third Unit Type in this game. Professional Units in contrary to Levies cost upkeep, however contrary to Levies they are a) usually better trained ( or higher Tier Units)  and b) they can be raised indefinetly. If you raise your Levy longer than one year you will get no more tax income...

Again a Different case are Cities. Cities neither belong to Duchies nor Counties and similiar to the Realms Capital are independent Entities wihin the Realm. A City provides far more taxes than counties ever could. However the Levies gained from them are mediocre at best (im looking at you Merchant Cavalry and Town Militia).

Similiar to Medieval Towns and Castles have different Tiers. Some can be upgraded some stay arbitrarly the same.

Courts

Courts represent the Size of your...court. It contains all the Nobles within a certain Holding. Obviously the Court of a King is larger and draws more nobles then that of a Count, no matter how rich he is.

County Courts are situated in Counties obviously. They never provide more than One Unit of Noble Levy. Sorry but there are simply no more Nobles then that in your Lands.
Ducal Courts become available once you become a Duke. More landless knights will flock to your banners, you need administrators and people in all different kinds of offices not to mention the Courtiers. A Ducal Court can host Three Units of Noble Levy.
King's Court the Kings Court, is where all the important people are. It can host 5 Noble Levies.
The Imperial Court is finally an expensive upgrade to your kings Court. If your realm has reached the according size you may host up to 10 Noble Levies. Why? Because you can and you are awesome.

That doesn't necessarily mean that a Count is out of luck. After all if he is rich enough he can still upgrade his Noble Levy into Imperial Knights, thanks to his massive Trade Income (if he has some that is) while his Ducal Liege meanders around with mailed foot knights.

Defenses
In contrary to Courts Defenses can be freely upgraded. So a Count may have only his little court but still a beautiful impenetrable Fortress. The big downer is that a huge impenetrable wall costs a) lots of money and b) needs to be maintained.

Cities
A City grows in population and thus in tax income and levies provided. A Counties Villages work similiar and may upgrade into towns if they are prosperous enough. Towns of course provide more tax, levies and trade goods than a village.