Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: You are an Inquisitor  (Read 4146 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Inquisitor
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2014, 09:24:56 am »

Also, turn around.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are an Inquisitor
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2014, 05:38:23 am »

You act in one fluid motion, one hand moving to your side to grasp the hilt of your pistol and the other to the sword hilt at your waist, spinning about in the direction of the presence as your sword slides effortlessly from the scabbard. With your gun at the ready you scan the woods around you looking for a sign of ... whatever is after you, but all you see is trees and shrubs followed by yet more trees, its as if you were the only one ...

Your train of thought is cut off as something slams into your back sending you sprawling, and rolling across the ground till you slam into a tree on the far side of the road. Ignoring the pain you move with a speed that few humans can manage, firing at your attacker even as you drag yourself to your feet to ready for the next attack, the shot hits the monster in the chest sprawling onto the ground motionless. You wait a few moments expecting it to leap back up at you, but the creature stays dead as far as you can tell but you still stab your sword through its chest to make sure.

Examining the creature you find its a humanoid, its skin is a sickly pale shade of white, the is face elongated into a sort of snot with fangs for teeth, and arms and legs twice as long as a normal human's with claws where fingers, and toes should be. As you examine the corpse you hear the sound of movement behind, spinning to face whatever it is you find more of the creatures creeping through the forest stalking towards you in numbers to high for you to count under stress. Holding your sword out in their direction and flipping your pistol around to use as a club you begin to backpedal away from the horde of monsters, even you wouldn't be able to take so many on at once. Just as you start to lose hope of survival you hear a massive amount of movement from behind, and looking over your shoulder finds a group of shoulders advancing through the trees with rifles raised and aimed at the massing creatures before you.

A voice carries through the dim, the deep roar of someone accustomed to giving commands on the battlefield,

"Fire, fire at will! Bring as many of them as you can, and drive the rest back, don't let the foul things close enough to engage."

A ripple of gun smoke, and the crack of rifles firing files down the line as the let loose into the horde of monsters advancing through the trees, a number of the front line collapse beneath the withering fire the soldiers lay down. As the front line reloads the line behind lets out a barrage as well, and within moments of the second volley the creatures turn and flee into the depths of the forest. As the last of them fades into the trees the soldiers form a circle around your position, all but one that is, a man of middling height with short cut black hair and wearing a well cared for plain white uniform with a light blue jacket. On his jacket shoulder are three brass stars denoting the man as a captain, he stops a short distance from you before giving a slight bow,

"Its a pleasure to meet you Inquisitor Victus, I'm sorry we had to meet on such terrible terms, but it appears this is how destiny has saw fit for us to meet so it shall have to do. I am Captain Marcus Dun, now commanding officer of Brackenwall Fort, I know there is a lot you'd like to ask so lets get that under the way while we make our way to the fort. The creatures shouldn't return since the usually prefer to attack at night, what drove them to attack you during broad daylight confuses me greatly ..."

With that the man turns and walks away, you deign to walk beside him as you sheath your sword and pistol, the soldiers fall in around you constantly vigilant of the forest around them.

Spoiler: Alatariel "Al" Victus (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 11:42:16 pm by adwarf »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2014, 03:06:27 pm »

now commanding? May whatever soul before you rest on peace captain.
Well thank you I'd be dead had that pack of sin come close to me. What do you call them by the way? I've never seen them before.

EDIT: we fired a shot right? so shoudn't that mean we should have 5 shots? oh an should we behead the body and bring it back for Science Faith?

EDIT v.2: sorry i was on a phone when i wrote this. BTW BUMP!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:09:50 am by 3man75 »

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2014, 04:15:31 pm »

,now commanding? May whatever soul before you rest on peace captain.
Well thank you I'd be dead had that pack of sin come close to me. What do you call them by the way? I've never seen them before.

+1

and for the PTW
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2014, 10:59:22 pm »

Ask what he meant, go with him, ask what they where.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 2 [3]