Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarfy Disillusionment  (Read 2915 times)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfy Disillusionment
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 10:27:37 pm »

Yep, try mods if you already haven't. Many of them expand the game tremendously and trying different mods gives you something new to learn and master and gives alot of variety to the gameplay.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Bonesinger

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing to see here
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 10:55:57 pm »

One thing i'm currently trying is to populate my world with as many fortresses as i can, before going out and exploring them all in Adventure mode. I bet most of my fortresses will die of FPS death, but still, once I have at least 10 i'll start an adventure

Zed

• Bay Watcher
  • Fool of a Took
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 11:44:42 pm »

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm trying out the masterwork mod and soundsense for the first time, and all I have to say is wow. The masterwork mod adds so much and well, soundsense is just perfect. I can't believe I've only been playing vanilla this whole time. Soundsense really immerses you in this relatively unimmersive game. And now I've got a few megaproject ideas too. Thanks again.
Urist McNoble cancelled living: interrupted by !!FUN!!

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 01:32:35 am »

And hey, if all else fails, you can go play Kerbal Space Program for a while instead.  By the time you figure it out well enough to master it, you'll probably be back in the mood for Dwarf Fortress again.
Sanity is for the weak.
Pages: 1 [2]