Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Servants of Duke Kraven [Imps and Review]  (Read 9353 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Servants of Duke Kraven [Imps and Review]
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2014, 03:39:47 pm »

The darksquids tend to learn fast, which buffs up the normal ones. And how about battledance ,each attack si weaker?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2014, 03:41:37 pm »

Addressing the issues in the analysis of my contribution and clarifying stuff:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hope that cleared things up.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2014, 09:47:54 pm »

Sorry, I didn't realize that I was making them overpowered, I wasn't understanding the way the numbers work in this.
I thought a +2 to something meant that they were average, not exceptional.
Commence de-buffing sequences...

Is that more acceptable?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2014, 08:52:42 am »

I didn't realize that our creatures need mods. I'l buff the Cyclops slightly, if that's alright for now.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2014, 06:44:26 pm »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... maybe make killing dangerous creatures like adventurers give a large portion of their XP? Also some sanity tweaks.

Name: Shadow
Appearance: A tangible shadow in humanoid form.
Personality: Hungry to kill the nearest 'good' aligned creature.
Preferences: Dark simple areas.

Default Actions: Killing, this can be done with animals, and similar category's.
Requirements: A dark rooms with at least some basic furniture.
Abilities: Reaving souls of almost dead mortals( This will increase their stats and skills in proportion to power of killed mortals so killing a imp isn't going to change him, but a human champion will.), scaring faint hearted by being made of shadows.
Attack: 3(+2)
Defense: 3
HP: 3(-1, I mean come on being made of tangible shadows probably isn't good for strength.)

Name: Miravex
Appearance: A typical tangible shadow in humanoid form, has markings in navy blue to show emotions, etc.
Personality: Bloodthirsty in combat, can act about dwarf fortress dorf level of sanity.
Preferences: Magic powers, people who aren't scared at a glimpse of him ,libraries ,dark rooms to rest in.

Default Actions: (Sane enough to not auto kill animals/lesser minions), help imps if there is nothing to do.
Requirements: A library, source of souls to reave ( Not constant, stuff like humans, animals) ,and a dark room to sleep in.
Abilities: Knows magical abilities that allows itself to harden its matter, makes it rather cocky when it comes to defense though. can also use these abilities to bolster its offense.Reaving souls of almost dead mortals( This will increase their stats and skills in proportion to power of killed mortals), being made of shadows naturally scares the faint hearted.

Attack: 3 (+2)
Defense: 3 (-1)
HP: 5
Crack-a-lack-a

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2014, 08:34:57 pm »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... maybe make killing dangerous creatures like adventurers give a large portion of their XP?
-.-
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2014, 08:36:27 pm »

Just so you know I was actually clearing up my original idea of soul reaving. Its based on one of the undead units from warlord's battle cry 3.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:39:59 pm by HissinhWalnuts »
Crack-a-lack-a

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2014, 10:35:41 pm »

Just so you know I was actually clearing up my original idea of soul reaving. Its based on one of the undead units from warlord's battle cry 3.
Yeah, those reavers got pretty overpowered in that game if you played them right. And actually it was a demon unit, not undead.
The Derail Thread

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2014, 11:26:13 pm »

3 Factions could use them, all evil. There was three types of them the shadow(best), the reaper(mid), and the wraith. Demons only had reaper, undead had shadow + wraith( wight >wraith>shadow.), and dark dwarves could directly buy shadows.
Crack-a-lack-a

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2014, 11:55:06 pm »

Oh, I thought only the Reavers could do that. My bad.
But anyway, hopefully I made my Dwarves less powerful, I'd like for them to be a very easy creature to have, and I could debuff them more if needed to do that.

Oh! While I'm thinking of it, what traps do we get? Are we using the ones from DK1 where you normally have to step on them to activate, or can we make stuff like DK2's Sentry Traps, cause those are frelling awesome.
The Derail Thread

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2014, 12:16:39 am »

You guys are talking about two different things.

Succubi, a Daemonic unit, could harvest the souls of those they slew, leaving them behind as glowy orange skull things. Daemonic units could then eat these, restoring mana.

Reapers, also a Daemonic unit, could eat them for 20 XP (I believe) instead.

Meanwhile, the Undead had Wraiths, which could upgrade to Shadows. Either, on killing a unit, got both the normal experience for killing a unit, and devoured all of their experience, gaining it straight up. This was particularly hilarious with enemy heroes, as well as the massed weakling Fey unit who gained massive amounts of starting experience as an upgrade.

Anyway, should get back to work soon.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2014, 01:09:06 pm »

*whistles tunelessly*
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]