Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Site Ruler?  (Read 873 times)

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Site Ruler?
« on: December 12, 2013, 01:57:17 pm »

So, does the latest devlog mean I can go around knocking over megabeasts to gain legitimacy with the people then go throw some lord out of his castle in the next version? Because that sounds like a much more reasonable way to retire than going to live in some guy's hut.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Site Ruler?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 03:12:30 pm »

We probably won't know everything we can do until release. But at least this will be a start. It will definetely be worked on more as diplomacy/war and other arcs are added on. Hopefully we can do what you said so you can't just run in as a unknown peasant and easily take over.

Edit: Come to think of it, we most likely won't be limited to controlling just one site so maybe we could take over several cities and make our own empire. While it would be mostly useless until later versions. I wonder if we will only be able to take over human towns. Or will we be able to take over goblin towers and dwarven settlements.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 03:15:27 pm by HavingPhun »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 09:28:51 pm »

Edit: Come to think of it, we most likely won't be limited to controlling just one site so maybe we could take over several cities and make our own empire. While it would be mostly useless until later versions. I wonder if we will only be able to take over human towns. Or will we be able to take over goblin towers and dwarven settlements.
Toady specifically said that you could appoint subordinates and set up a tribute relationship, so you can become a feudal king in the current setup, even if you might not create the entity position with that name yet.

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 08:42:25 pm »

Taking over as an unknown peasant might work for the Goblins if you can kill your way to and through their leader, since that pretty much seems to be how succession works for them in any event, though demons can be a bit more intimidating than your average peasant.

In any event I'm super-excited... getting to play around with the more political stuff will be all kinds of fun.