Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: Nations of Dolusil 2 (6/6) OOC thread  (Read 12403 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nations of Dolusil 2 (6/6) OOC thread
« Reply #270 on: November 28, 2013, 07:02:33 pm »

I have a couple questions 10ebbor: Was that basalt find a one-time bonus thingy, or is it an actual resource I can exploit? If so, do I need mining to do so, or can I make use of it now? (If I can, I was thinking of replacing the resource gatherers with stonemasons in that case)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 28, 2013, 09:34:34 pm »

ebbor please check my production figures again. I saw no Innovation points gain, and I only got 2 production instead of 6 (or is it because animals produce nothing in Winter?)

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 29, 2013, 04:13:15 am »

Regarding tryrar's request, am I allowed to send geologists or whatever to help discover mineral deposits, and if so how much would it cost me?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 29, 2013, 07:13:42 am »

10ebbor10, fix quotes in the post

Also, I think it will much less confusing if you'll write something like cost of the next idea unlock = X innovation points than current "X left to unlock"
Uhm, it's already written that way. Apparently there was some confusion surrounding that.

And I want to know, are there any pointy to request new ideas to be added to the list?

I rather miss Astronomy\Astrology and Mathematics
It's possible add new ideas. Will add those as soon as I have a correct benefit.

I have a couple questions 10ebbor: Was that basalt find a one-time bonus thingy, or is it an actual resource I can exploit? If so, do I need mining to do so, or can I make use of it now? (If I can, I was thinking of replacing the resource gatherers with stonemasons in that case)
Actual resoucre, no mining needed. Mining means you can build mines at will, rather than requiring a surface deposit.

ebbor please check my production figures again. I saw no Innovation points gain, and I only got 2 production instead of 6 (or is it because animals produce nothing in Winter?)
Production was wrong, but you did get innovation points.

Regarding tryrar's request, am I allowed to send geologists or whatever to help discover mineral deposits, and if so how much would it cost me?
You'd need to send an actual unit to said location, which would need 1 turn to get there, during which it is of no assistence.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 29, 2013, 09:46:00 am »

Well , for astronomy I wanted to get star navigation, something that nation of sailors would benefit from. + bonus to divination, school of magic I may invest in

As for Mathematics at this stage it can give only passive benefit to engineering, physics, sociology and probably magical teleportation

Uhm, it's already written that way. Apparently there was some confusion surrounding that.

You mean that I can get one idea for 2, and he next one will cost 4? Sorry, I got rather confused with the change of the science rules
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 29, 2013, 09:48:47 am »

Yes.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 29, 2013, 09:50:50 am »

Then another question: can I unlock two ideas during one turn if I have enough invention points?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 29, 2013, 09:51:45 am »

Can't see why not.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 29, 2013, 10:00:13 am »

What Foraging  does? Does it mean that I will be able to use fleets for free as long as they return at home each turn?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 29, 2013, 10:10:40 am »

No. (Though I don't think I've ever subtracted maintenance costs for that. )

It's to sustain things like blockades and that, but those aren't likely to happen till near the end game.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 29, 2013, 10:20:20 am »

OK, what about sustained piracy campaign like I planned? That one requires maintenance, right? Or am I overpaying here?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 29, 2013, 10:26:23 am »

Yes. First turn would be free, and if you have enough revenue, it might start to pay for itself. (All depends on the rolls though.)

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 02, 2013, 06:49:17 pm »

What's the progress on the next turn?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 07, 2013, 10:05:49 am »

Little to none. Lack of time and motivation can be said as being the main problems.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 13, 2013, 12:09:06 pm »

Most of you probably already noticed this, but there won't be no next turn. The game, at this point, is a mess of conflicting mechanics, kept functional merely by constant rule rewrites. It's not fun to GM like this, and while I could probably drag the game out longer, it's no fun in a game where the status quo is maintained by rapid rule rewrites.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]