Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So, I heard you can mine [spoiler], and I thought...  (Read 600 times)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
So, I heard you can mine [spoiler], and I thought...
« on: December 01, 2013, 01:25:29 pm »

[spoiler]= slade. The exploit that allows you to get slade basically causes you to tunnel through a glowing pit, allowing access to the area under hell, so I had the idea of building a fortress under hell, an idea I've already suggested for Murdermachines. How achievable do you think this is?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: So, I heard you can mine [spoiler], and I thought...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 01:40:16 pm »

._.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 06:09:42 pm »

Unfortunately, there's a giant layer of semi-molten rock above hell, which blocks the sky support effect, so there's not really a way (so far) to use it to collapse hell.

This (original thread) and this (simplified method and guide I wrote) is what you're looking for. You can use it to get some slade and duplicate just about any material (*cough* adamantine). You should be able to fit a fort in side the duplicated layers.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 11:13:01 am »

So it's achievable? Thanks guys, this means I have another reason to attempt the (partial)freezing over of hell.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.