Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hauling and burrow behavior, bug?  (Read 321 times)

xcorps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hauling and burrow behavior, bug?
« on: December 05, 2013, 11:21:31 am »

I have a TRADEGODDAMMIT burrow on the Depot. My broker has no labors enabled at all. When the caravan showed up, I request trader, but he's hauling what looks to be a plant from an outside farm to the food stockpile. I put him in the burrow, and he drops the container then stands there and and spams "item inaccessible". He won't go to the burrow or anywhere else, he just stands there. I take him out of the burrow and let him haul the plant and he goes off to eat. I put him back in the burrow and he goes straight there.

1) Why is he hauling an item with no labors enabled?
2) Why is that damn plant so important he won't leave its side?
3) Why won't the burrow assignment override the hauling job he isn't even supposed to have in the first place.

If I had another appraiser, he'd be in magma. Stupidhead.

KroganElite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hauling and burrow behavior, bug?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 11:36:39 am »

Check the "o"rders page and see if you've set everyone to harvest. Make sure it is farmers only and he shouldn't do that anymore. I like to leave it on so even children will harvest.

I haven't had any problems getting my broker to trade as long as all jobs are off and I "request trader at depot" right as the caravans arrive. I've had a broker clean himself, sleep, eat, drink, and on break but he still managed to have time to trade. If you feel you don't have enough time but need to trade right then and there you can set the depot to allow anyone to trade.

Urist McRas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 11:39:12 am »

Looks like he was harvesting plants because you enabled plant harvesting for everybody. Then you put him in the burrow and he can't continue his current job. I've got no idea why he didn't go to the burrow, maybe a bug because he was hauling item without a hauling job enabled, I don't really know.

If I had another appraiser, he'd be in magma. Stupidhead.
No reason for this, another appraiser would be exactly as stupid as this one.
The fortresses are penal colonies.
The mountainhome has far too many degenerates too deal with by itself, so it sends out minor nobles to establish penal colonies across the world.

xcorps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 11:45:58 am »

It was everyone harvest.

God damn message spam caused me to miss 3 ambushes and almost lost the fort.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 01:09:35 pm »

he didn't drop whatever he was hauling and because he couldn't find a place in the burrow to drop it he stood there spamming 'item bla bla'. Next time either let him drop his stuff (he might have been heading off to eat anyway) or, even easier, set the depot to 'anyone may trade'. Apraisal is learned high enough to see some values after one trade or so and if you need to haggle over stuff because you don't have enough to trade, get more trade goods next time.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.