Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Farmers Not Planting..?  (Read 1160 times)

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
Farmers Not Planting..?
« on: November 29, 2013, 11:27:16 pm »

I have a planter with a planting job, seeds, farm plot assigned to grow plump helmets in the winter, it's winter, he's not doing anything but for some reason none of my farmers are growing plump helmets. Why is this?
The only difference between a human student and a dwarf is that dwarfs have the ability to create and destroy matter.
So will the dwarf with the broken spine recover and use a crutch?

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Farmers Not Planting..?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 12:06:07 am »

Are the seeds in bags?  It's possible that dwarves have those bags flagged for some task, like putting more seeds into the bags.

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 02:09:17 am »

Are the seeds in bags?  It's possible that dwarves have those bags flagged for some task, like putting more seeds into the bags.
They are, but whenever that happens you get the "Urist McIdiot cannot plant seeds: Seeds lost in container blah blah" message. They just simply don't have a job right now and I don't see why that's the case.
The only difference between a human student and a dwarf is that dwarfs have the ability to create and destroy matter.

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 02:23:47 am »

So it just turned from Winter to Spring and now they are all planting the appropriate plant. I'm not sure if it was just not being able to plant Plump Helmets or if it was the season yet. More news to come!

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 02:33:20 am »

Sorry to make 3 posts in a row. Kind of important for information seperation.
So I found out that they are only refusing to plant Plump Helmets. They are planting everything else. I have plump helmet seeds, plump helmets assigned to the plots and everything. What's up?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 05:46:10 am »

without taking a look, no clue. Check if you really set the plot correctly. It still happens to me occasionally that I manage to set the plump helmets for only one season even though I thought I'd set it for the entire year.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 09:32:53 am »

without taking a look, no clue. Check if you really set the plot correctly. It still happens to me occasionally that I manage to set the plump helmets for only one season even though I thought I'd set it for the entire year.
Nope everything is correct. I deconstructed and reconstructed the farm plot in the exact same spot with the same crop type and they started growing it to my surprise. That was a weird bug  :o