Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Resistable token and what can I apply it to, ideas in post  (Read 727 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Resistable token and what can I apply it to, ideas in post
« on: November 30, 2013, 03:48:25 pm »

Question 1:

I was thinking of halfling's disease mod.

I want to try and test if a dwarf is permanently immune to a disease.  Say bubonic plague.  Anyway I can do this?

Currently the diseases are assigned as as syndromes, and resistible is used to avoid assignment of a the syndrome (although I don't have that posted up yet).   But say I wanted to test the opposite of a resistable tag?  Is that possible?  Like if a dwarf passes his resistible test, to then assign an permanent immunity syndrome?  As is right now, the syndrome is only assigned if a dwarf fails his resistible test.

Question 2:

apparently the below code works, I'm concerned about the 2nd to last line and it's resistible token.

does the resistible token apply to the dwarf who currently has the disease, or the target?  My hope is the intended target can make a resistable check

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:SPREAD_PNEUMONITIS]
  [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
  [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
  [IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
  [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:PNEUMONITIS]
  [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:MEDICINE_EPIDEMIC]

[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:Epidemic 3]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:is suffering from pneumococcal pneumonitis]
[SYN_CLASS:PNEUMONITIS]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:PROB:60:RESISTABLE:START:1200:END:33600]
  [CDI:INTERACTION:SPREAD_PNEUMONITIS]

Update on #2: I was able to do a prob_inner type inbetween interaction that the dwarf get's, and this is resistable, if he fails it, he gets spread_PNEUMONITIS
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 04:51:44 pm by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Resistable token and what can I apply it to, ideas in post
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 07:29:35 pm »

Putnam gave me the answer... thanks!

Yes. First, the originator syndrome should have [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:SICK_IMMUNE] (SICK_IMMUNE can be anything, but must be the same later) Have the originator syndrome give two different CAN_DO_INTERACTIONs, one immediately (or as soon as possible) and the other after. The first one needs to impart a syndrome when the interaction is done that has a syn class of NOT_IMMUNE or something like that. The second one should have a SYN_CLASS of SICK_IMMUNE and be permanent, but also have [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:NOT_IMMUNE]. Those two combined should do it.