Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Crossroads  (Read 641 times)

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
The Crossroads
« on: December 05, 2013, 10:42:25 pm »

You've been floating in space for what seems like a eternity, images floating around you of what seems like memories one second the next alien and foreign. You float like this in limbo remembering but not quite, you start to settle seeing something new you find you're on solid ground. Disoriented you steady yourself after a few minutes you look around it seems your on the inside of giant a tower seemingly going on forever stairs spiraling the curvature of it and along it all is doors. Looking North, South, East, and West corridors stretching endlessly as well.

You orient yourself standing up when you hear the most awe inspiring voice you ever heard speaks dropping down you bow instinctively terrified and humbled by it.

"Welcome child, welcome to the Crossroads what stands before you is the continuum of all worlds, we call it the Crossroads because it is at the center of all existence and from here you can get anywhere you could possibly want".

Pausing it continues "Now you have many questions, you always do why you're here because my father has commissioned it, he is known by many names god,abba, the eye, the righteous,the scales, he is known as many and he is all even in your world he is known. He plucked you from your world because you are whats needed to fulfill a purpose as have many others before you have, to save worlds like you have saved your own once or several you are known as a hero a savior to many."

"As for your purpose, in all the worlds there are common themes humanity, a messiah who may of come or hasn't yet, and a great evil. This is also known by many names and is known in all worlds it is the universe reaction to gods rule of reactions for every force there is an equal reaction it is the universe's attempt to match god as a opposite, it fails but it corrupts any world it touches to its purpose.

"Its purpose is to spite my father, you are one of 54 tasked by my father to meet this evil and save entire worlds from it. You will experince things you never thought possible you will become stronger then you already are and be changed for the better, however you will also be marked by this evil and sought by it wherever you go and scarred by it and the evils you see will drag you down. You will save more lives then you thought possible or swim in the blood of unutterable amounts. You are just whats needed that doesn't mean you'll survive, you can be that push someone else needs to succeed where you failed, the stepping stone, the warning. However if you don't turn, if you serve completely you will receive the greatest prize ever".

"What say you, it is your choice you can walk out now back to your world and never look back there is no shame in it, if you say yes though you may never see your world again and you will be marked by your number as one of us. I simply ask do you think your worthy???"

(Sorrry super long intro but basically this is where character design takes part your character is badass extraordinaire from where he/she comes from has saved the world at least once so list there powers, he/she doesn't have to be human but if you're a huge old dragon you might have a hard time communicated with the locals also if you want to go into the world they come from background a little that's fine)   
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??