Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Disposing of a vampire  (Read 1558 times)

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
Disposing of a vampire
« on: November 19, 2013, 01:22:34 am »

I got a vampire, he killed an armorer but i got him, he is in jail now.
The thing is that the sentence was 200 days, not even a year for murder.
I want him dead, how can i kill him?

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Disposing of a vampire
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 01:47:03 am »

Don't kill him.  Wall him in his cell and make him your bookeeper.

Otherwise, magma?
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 02:09:31 am »

My favourite way of disposing with a vampire is walling them into a room and them mining out a square the same size/shape as the edges of the room above them and then dropping 6 z levels on them. Good luck finding a corpse.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 02:20:09 am »

I decided to assign him to a squad called the "Lavaswimmers"

Agent of Avarice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 06:02:31 am »

Magma, a 30 z-level drop, a dragon, a clown army, really there's so many ways to do it. But as others have suggested he's more useful "alive" I personally recommend using his blood to create a vampire army, just poke him with a spike trap suspended over a well, contaminating the water. Then forbid the booze, or trap the vampiric candidates in the well room and after a while they'll drink. Change-o-presto undead army. Don't forget to feed them migrants, other wise they'll get a bit slow.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 06:37:23 am »

other wise they'll get a bit slow.
They don't drink alcohol while staying ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT. So they get slow overtime in any way.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Rauthr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 07:48:57 am »

Why would you want to dispose of a vampire!? Ideal bookkeeper/managers they are, just lock them away in an office (literally) so they won't cause any unwanted deaths.

LumberingOaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 09:50:00 am »

I build lever operated spikes into the floors of my prison cells. You can't cover the bed tile, sadly, but the entire rest of the cell can be turned into a spikey floor of doom. I use wooden spikes because 1) it's traditional and 2) a slow and painful death to my foes is preferable.

One thing I will note is that the emphasis in that sentence really does go on slow. Typically, I find that a vampire will lose several digits and bleed copiously before their eventual demise in this fashion, typically dying from loss of blood or, in some cases, infection. Yes, it really does take that long.

Agent of Avarice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 06:19:19 pm »

other wise they'll get a bit slow.
They don't drink alcohol while staying ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT. So they get slow overtime in any way.
Ah I wan't aware of that. I assumed it could be countered. Thanks for clearing that up.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 08:01:07 pm »

Well, I vaguely remember someone else in a previous thread saying they trapped their vampire in an 1-urist area with a long vertical shaft, then had dwarves dump unneeded boulders on his head until he died. Its what I intend to do when I finally get one, after establishing a Well of Unlife for my favorite nobles, (who cares if my king becomes a bit slow, so long as he doesn't make any unreasonable demands I'm quite happy to let him loiter in his luxurious throne room for all eternity, only allowed to feed when I want someone dead.). Plus, it sounds like the kind of thing an angry mob of dwarves would do, slowly and painfully crushing his bones. If you don't need surplus rocks then this could be a way to store them, and you could make the room accessible later to retrieve them.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 08:35:09 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 08:48:07 pm »

That was me. Now I genned a world which happens to have no vamps, so I haven't had the luxury of stoning one in some time. Just dig a channel put a door at the bottom. Dig a staircase one tile up, dig out the tile above, dump stones. Channel when you think you've got enough.

H
H
H
H
H
H
v 0╬0

You could also build a quantum stockpiler for your refuse dump. Build a dump shoot, put the vamp at the bottom and drop dead goblins on the bastard for all eternity. Whatever floats your boat.
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scionkirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 11:37:01 pm »

Vampires are awesome.  Just wall them up with a pick and let them mine/explore a section of the map.  You can even get them to wall themselves in so you can safely extract any resources they find.