Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Keeping countess happy?  (Read 871 times)

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Keeping countess happy?
« on: November 25, 2013, 03:15:18 pm »

My count is miserable.
The reason is, he has golden masterwork everything & masterwork engravings & masterwork bed, while other guys have legendary dining room with iron masterwork stuff. He says that they are living too chicly! What can I do to him except from fortunate accident to make him happy? Will burrowing him help? (so he doesn't see that everyone lives great, too)
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping countess happy?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 03:23:36 pm »

Having a legendary public dining hall shouldn't be a problem I think.

You'll have to lower the room quality of the other nobles in some way. Burrowing them won't help because they automatically* know when others have better stuff.

*i guess it would would be word of mouth, overhearing gossip, etc.

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 11:28:53 pm »

Burrowing them won't help because they automatically* know when others have better stuff.

Dwarves are a hivemind. They reproduce via spores.
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

CreamyDoughnut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 11:42:27 pm »

My count is miserable.
The reason is, he has golden masterwork everything & masterwork engravings & masterwork bed, while other guys have legendary dining room with iron masterwork stuff. He says that they are living too chicly! What can I do to him except from fortunate accident to make him happy? Will burrowing him help? (so he doesn't see that everyone lives great, too)

A heroic gladiatorial deathmatch! Give him the armor and have him take so much joy in slaughtering unarmed goblins that he'll only care about have a good drink and brushing his beard.

Seriously, does he have any other unhappy thoughts besides "the peasants are smiling"?

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 01:40:14 am »

what is the count good for anyway? Just unfortunate accident.

Bonus point for an ironic death, like being crushed by masterwork gold furniture, or lock him in his tomb until he dies.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 11:51:24 am »

Burrowing them won't help because they automatically* know when others have better stuff.

Dwarves are a hivemind. They reproduce via spores.

My experience (granted not scientific) seems to confirm this.

My current fort had major issues when the queen and consort arrived suddenly and the queen really, *really* didn't like the fancy necromancer Duke quarters which she had never seen.  I solved it by giving her the necromancer's throne room, while giving the necromancer a small chamber until the royal throne room (and necessary machinery) was ready. 
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?