Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lever won't link to bridge  (Read 459 times)

Bornhald

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Lever won't link to bridge
« on: November 16, 2013, 09:12:20 pm »

I am having trouble linking my lever to my bridge. I have searched for quite a while online, but no one else seems to have had my exact problem and I've tried the solutions offered to previous bridge linking issues with no results. My bridge and lever both build fine and I've made sure my architects and masons have no other jobs so they wouldn't leave it unfinished. I have loads of mechanisms and my lever is very close and accessible to my bridge and mechanism supply. My bridge is built to raise up into my fortress as I've seen done in videos.

When I select the lever it shows the basic menu with the add task option, ect. Add task goes to the list of what to link the lever to. I click "b" for bridge, but almost instantly after it reverts to the menu where it says add task and nothing is done. No failure notification or report is ever given. For a split second before it reverts to the main menu, it shows the name of the bridge on the list and a yellow x centered on the bridge like I have seen it work in videos. But, as fast at that happens the x is gone and the bridge name is gone to be replaced by the basic lever menu. No chance is ever given to actually select the bridge properly. I have tried rebuilding the bridge at least 6 times and the same with the lever and additional levers with similar results every time. I tried quickly clicking enter or escape after hitting "b", hoping it would link before it went back to the main menu, but no luck. Pulling the lever successfully turns the lever on and off but the bridge never moves.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
Re: Lever won't link to bridge
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 09:15:07 pm »

... architects and masons ...

Neither of whom will do the job.  You need a mechanic.

When I select the lever it shows the basic menu with the add task option, ect. Add task goes to the list of what to link the lever to. I click "b" for bridge, but almost instantly after it reverts to the menu where it says add task and nothing is done. No failure notification or report is ever given. For a split second before it reverts to the main menu, it shows the name of the bridge on the list and a yellow x centered on the bridge like I have seen it work in videos. But, as fast at that happens the x is gone and the bridge name is gone to be replaced by the basic lever menu. No chance is ever given to actually select the bridge properly. I have tried rebuilding the bridge at least 6 times and the same with the lever and additional levers with similar results every time. I tried quickly clicking enter or escape after hitting "b", hoping it would link before it went back to the main menu, but no luck. Pulling the lever successfully turns the lever on and off but the bridge never moves.

Are you using mousequery?  try moving your mouse cursor to the far right of the screen, before retrying the task.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Bornhald

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Lever won't link to bridge
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 09:32:21 pm »

Yes, I have a mechanic with no job too, just forgot to mention that. I do have a mouse query on and moved it to the right as you mentioned and it worked the first time. The bridge finally works. Thank you. I've kept playing hoping to get the bridge working before I was attacked by an army.