Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Your most badass dwarf?  (Read 1141 times)

boxcarhobo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Your most badass dwarf?
« on: November 07, 2013, 04:24:58 pm »

Hi,

I'm relatively new to DF. I'm currently on my third fortress, which is the first to reach a reasonable size and population with about 170 dwarves.
I was surprised to find one gem between all the "trash" in one of the latest migration waves.
He was only a peasant, but had remarkable fighting skills.
I made him commander of the militia, and boy did he do a good job. Despite several goblin raids, even two sieges with cave crocodiles, he wasn't hit once due to his good dodging skill and mowed through the enemies like they were groundhogs. He also became a Spearmaster and has accumulated a total of 343 kills.

Behold: Meng Cattengesis Irushil Esdor, "the New Ice of Selling"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Joke aside, is it rare to have a dwarf like this? Should I save him until I can equip him with better armor? (He currently wears only an iron breasplate, iron greaves and an iron helmet, the rest is leather)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Your most badass dwarf?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 04:52:09 pm »

I know one of my commanders got to be really tough herself, killing three armed goblins by clubbing them with a wooden crossbow and killing at least 2 FBs... but I think she died in a goblin raid... You should probably be careful with your dwarf, giving him better armor and weapons would help, but if you lose 20 dwarves because you took him out of service, that would certainly be bad....

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 05:22:25 pm »

Derpislava Sodelakun, speardwarf. She was protecting Autumnalshield's gates from 100+ zombies to let everyone (fisherdwarves, hunters...) in. Without any weapon because there was no time fo dat. She has killed 30 zombies by smashing their skulls open with... A wooden shield.
*clap clap clap*
BTW, would be better to necro that thread than make new one.
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 05:32:16 pm »

Bomrek (something), the Clash of Diamonds.

Legendary Axedwarf. She was the commander of the main military squad with a long scar down her face given from early raids. Before the first goblin attacks, she gained her skill slaying werewolves (this was before the necro update; they were just regular critters called werewolves lol). Without a danger room (I don't believe in them (and couldn't be bothered making a repeater lol)), she got stong the old fashioned way and had the scars to show for it. This was the first fort I ever successfully created adamatine gear in, and she was the first to receive it.

200+ kills, fully kitted in adamantine heavy armour, I finally decided she had created a large enough legend when every statue was being crafted in her image. I created adamtantine statues, coffins, and a gold-plated tomb for her to be buried in, and sent her, solely, into a 200+ mounted goblin and troll raid to be given a warrior's death.

Not a scratch. She killed around 30 in mere seconds before the rest of goblins all started bolting. Siege broken. 1 Dwarf.

All hail Bomrek, juggernaught of the dwarves.
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 06:40:57 pm »

(Technically not a dwarf, but whatever.)

This glorious orc decided he didn't want to help everyone else set up camp, and instead spent the first season or so mercilessly pounding a family of rancors to death- without a weapon and without first being told to. He was actually starting to starve to death, so much fun he was having knocking teeth out and I had to conscript the other six to just kill the last one he was torturing before his hobby killed him.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 07:00:42 pm »

I would post a picture, but words will have to suffice.  For the consideration of Bay 12, I present: Medtob Wadedbarricades, The Alchemy of Clouds, 201 notable kills, 59 other kills, Duke of DemonSands (UthgerCuggan), masterwork mod, open fortress, all fortress defense races active.  Medtob has never been injured, despite his unwillingness to dodge.  His weapon of choice is 'PlungeScreams' his named steel scythe, he wears a full suit of Iridium armor, including one of the fortress' artifacts.  Medtob, known locally as 'the grim fucking reaper' has never been danger-roomed, he trained the old-fashioned way, purely by sparring, he has outlived three other elite named warriors.  I am convinced that Medtob, who is around sixty, and is one of my starting seven, will survive almost anything I can send him against.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.