How shall we plea

Guilty
- 1 (33.3%)
Not guity
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: October 14, 2013, 03:42:16 am

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Daggerfall lets play- Now with a dancing shopkeaper  (Read 11607 times)

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dagerfall lets play
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 10:21:10 pm »

The map also makes me wonder... how long till a TES game comes out featuring the ENTIRE world and not just one province (skyrim) or barely part of one (morrowind).
Negative 19 years, the first one had the whole world open to explore.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 03:25:46 am »

The map also makes me wonder... how long till a TES game comes out featuring the ENTIRE world and not just one province (skyrim) or barely part of one (morrowind).
The trend has pretty much been, as games get newer, less ostensible area and more actual things in that area. Arena had the whole, relatively feature-barren world. Daggerfall had more stuff, and ostensibly a small area not that it made a difference much. Morrowind was one small island and it had more unique and interesting things to find and interact with than Daggerfall, albeit less dungeon floorspace. Oblivion, well... that's another discussion.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013, 04:32:41 am »

The trend has pretty much been, as games get newer, less ostensible area and more actual things in that area. Arena had the whole, relatively feature-barren world. Daggerfall had more stuff, and ostensibly a small area not that it made a difference much. Morrowind was one small island and it had more unique and interesting things to find and interact with than Daggerfall, albeit less dungeon floorspace. Oblivion, well... that's another discussion.

Arena was the whole world, but really who would want to explore a massive, mostly featureless, flat plane? I believe it had trees dotting the landscape, roads near cities (and maybe you could walk from one city to the other) but the scale is stupidly huge where walking from one place to the other would take hours. Daggerfall is a bit more interesting with dungeons in the wilderness but it's still much faster and easier to find them using the fast travel. I think there was a remake of Daggerfall called DaggerXL that made things like the overworld a bit more interesting but I haven't looked into that in about 2 years.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2013, 05:17:31 am »

I think there was a remake of Daggerfall called DaggerXL that made things like the overworld a bit more interesting but I haven't looked into that in about 2 years.
it still in pre alpha but shows promise
the wilderness in Daggerfall is boring  so i wont be touching it in this letsplay unless i have to.
besides being empty arena is far more datted then Daggerfal.

with Dagerfal you can rework the controls so you move with wasd and look with the mouse the default controll scheme is weird for anyone interested here is an easy installer for daggerfall

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dagerfall lets play Chapter two the dancing salesman
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 05:32:26 am »

Chapter two
In which our hero encounters the dancing salesman and has a little misunderstanding with the law

Entering a shop called Gondyn’s quality supply store
The music shifts to a more upbeat tempo and walking round the corner I find an old man dancing to the tune

..Anyway with night settling in I decide to head for a tavern, on the plus side selling weapons got me up to 1000 gold in the morning I will join the mages guild and hopefuly find someone to by this spare armour.
Asking around I find a tavern called the dwarf and huntsman sounds like my kind of place 
The tavern is a lively place with a large rang of patrons

Anyway there is a crate in the room I rent and no witnisses so naturally I try to steel from it pretty soon I hear a group of men shouting holt and men in armour run into the inn, turns out guards are bad at navigating doors…

After surrendering to the guards I get this screen

So what do you recon team guilty or not guilty?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 03:41:13 am by sackhead »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Daggerfall lets play- Now with a dancing shopkeaper
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2013, 10:38:51 am »

So what do you recon team guilty or not guilty?

...meh. Honestly, my advice is to restore from a previous save. Criminal reputation in main quest provinces is a terrible nuisance, and it's based on arrests not convictions. Even if you talk your way out of jail time and skill loss, you'll still be viewed as a criminal by the guards. The reputation lost by a theft charge takes eight months of game time to fade away, and while merchant quests (some give rep) are entertaining, I think if we do any of those we want to do them for fun, not for rep grinding. Plus, there might be bad consequences if you end up with jail time that causes you to miss the Brisennia quest.

Daggerfall is not the most stable game in the world, and while ordinarily for a let's play I'd suggest a "go with whatever happens" policy, in this case I'd advise restoring from a previous save. It's just not worth the hassle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2013, 11:36:37 am »

Do note that if you ever thought guards in Morrowind or Cyrodil were goddamn psychics, you've never committed a crime in Daggerfall. Those bastards teleport.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2013, 10:43:24 pm »

just letting yo know my mouse broke so it will be awhile before i post another round

Lorgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2013, 11:15:36 am »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2013, 06:28:05 am »

PTW, only know Oblivion - Daggerfall should be entertaining.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:29:52 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Wardo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 07:33:07 am »

Upbeat tempo you say? Dancing salesman you say?

http://youtu.be/sZotCPEgI2U

Ehh, check the 7:00 mark.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:35:17 am by Wardo »
Pages: 1 [2]