Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: IDEA  (Read 1095 times)

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
IDEA
« on: November 02, 2013, 03:14:09 pm »

Add Kaczynski to the name database so I can have Theodor Kaczynski (The Unabomber) as my founder

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IDEA
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 07:33:11 pm »

Mark him as a White Male Patriarch name so that Kaczynski could be elected as a C+ President. (The Unabomber's anti-technological message seems to appeal to the arch-conservative mindset, which could resist all sorts of progress, even scientific progress.)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:35:17 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 09:27:29 pm »

Wait, names are tagged in such a way that only certain names can be X/- president?
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 01:37:53 am »

You misspelled Theodore Kaczynski's first name, it has an "e" on the end.

Anyway, you can actually edit your saved games, and edit the names of people such as your founder. However, you need to be careful not to change the number of characters in the data about any creature or item that you edit the XML info of inside your saved game file. This is fairly easy with editing creatures that are members of your group. For every character you add (like making the name 1 letter longer) you need to subtract a character somewhere else (most obvious place is the infiltration number, which is something like 0.000000, a 0 with a bunch of zeroes after it, at least if your character isn't a Sleeper). The zeroes after the decimal point there are all optional. So if you lengthen a name by 4 characters, you take away 4 zeroes from the infiltration number, so that the file size is the same. And if you shorten the name by 7 characters, you add 7 zeroes to the end of the infiltration number, to keep the file size the same. You can do this with any decent text or hex editor, for instance I use Notepad++ to do this. So for instance, I can change my founder's real name to a name that isn't even in the game, such as my own name, using this method. Anyway, the key thing to remember when editing a saved game from Liberal Crime Squad is, keep the number of characters of data for any item/creature you edit the same as it was before. If you want to add a whole bunch of characters and there isn't enough room (not enough zeroes at the end of the infiltration number after the decimal point to get rid of) then add as many as you can while keeping the file size the same (deleting an equivalent number of characters such as zeroes after the decimal point and/or the decimal point itself, in the infiltration number). Then run Liberal Crime Squad and immediately exit. Then reload the saved game file in your text editor, and your infiltration number will have plenty of zeroes again, and you can get rid of them to add more letters to your name, or more digits to other numbers such as skills or attributes. This is a pretty neat technique. I figured it out myself through trial and error. If you have any difficulties editing your name by editing the save game file in a text editor using this technique you can ask more questions, I am glad to explain this awesome save-game-editing technique. Changing the names of your characters is just one of many things you can do using this technique, just be careful to keep the number of characters (i.e., letters, numbers, or punctuation) the same in every section, and don't change any part of the file that you don't understand. If you don't know where to find the part of the file with your character's name, you can search the file for the name, Control-F works for doing searches in most text editors. ;)
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL