Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312]

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 493786 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #4665 on: June 05, 2024, 12:46:26 pm »

Calder wants to escape and mind-control a bunch of people, so stopping him from escaping is the Good thing to do, even if it's not the ideal tactic to save resources for today. And I think the Order at this point expects they might be able to get a long rest before Xycon finds the final dungeon.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: June 05, 2024, 03:22:51 pm »

Plus, Calder might just run into Xykon. There are several ways that could go and pretty much all of them would end badly. They might team up. Xykon could (probably easily) kill Calder, then reanimate him. He's done it before, and frankly whenever an undead dragon shows up things get pretty bad pretty fast even if though the undead dragon gets wiped in short order.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: June 06, 2024, 02:40:06 am »

The Modron estimated a time span measured in days to complete the search, and it is theoretically impossible to shorten this significantly because they have to actually explore every tunnel to gain access. Unless Team Evil gets extremely lucky, the Order will be in position to recover anything short of actual death before the big showdown.

Plus there's the big issue that allowing Calder to escape might significantly hasten the showdown by revealing the trick.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312]