Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SLIGHT ISSUE  (Read 1004 times)

Theafroscotsman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
SLIGHT ISSUE
« on: October 23, 2013, 01:59:22 pm »

Hi, My other account, Theafroscotsdwarf, Had an email address in use that is hacked. Due to Hotmail saying that I don't have enough evidence to get it back, I've been changing all my accounts to my new email address. In doing so, It has decided to send the email verification of a changed email address to the hacked email.

Can you see my conundrum? I had to make this account to put this topic here.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: SLIGHT ISSUE
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 02:01:12 pm »

Hi, My other account, Theafroscotsdwarf, Had an email address in use that is hacked. Due to Hotmail saying that I don't have enough evidence to get it back, I've been changing all my accounts to my new email address. In doing so, It has decided to send the email verification of a changed email address to the hacked email.

Can you see my conundrum? I had to make this account to put this topic here.

It belongs more in Life Advice.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 02:06:55 pm »

It belongs more in Life Advice.
More into a PM or e-mail to Toady.

Hope you get this sorted out, and I hope my account doesn't get hacked. Linked to way too many things.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Theafroscotsman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 02:08:31 pm »

tried looking for his email, couldn't see it on his profile
might as well just ask him to delete it lol

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 12:48:32 am »

This is why I use Gmail. One time some Chinese guy tried to crack my account and because he was from China he wasn't even allowed to log in because that's not where I live. I know Google is about as much of the devil as rap music and Sarah Palin but at least it does some things right.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 01:19:49 am »

tried looking for his email, couldn't see it on his profile
might as well just ask him to delete it lol

toadyone@bay12games.com

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 07:41:11 am »

This is why I use Gmail. One time some Chinese guy tried to crack my account and because he was from China he wasn't even allowed to log in because that's not where I live. I know Google is about as much of the devil as rap music and Sarah Palin but at least it does some things right.

Doesn't really do much, just an extra line of "are you sure you are you?!" when you sign in from a different country. More annoying than anything - if someone has your password, you've got bigger problems. :P