Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How come I don't like any game?  (Read 2635 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: How come I don't like any game?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 10:38:40 am »

!!WISDOM!!

This pretty much sums it up. If you don't like games right now, take a break and find something else you DO like, which may be more productive. You can always come back later.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 11:09:10 am »

Because they're all overhyped and diluted. A lot of games don't really pick up after the first few minutes.

You're probably buying on impulse though. It's more of a habit because of the sales, and a habit of quitting because you've been through all this before.

I'd suggest just getting far away from computers. Just long enough for that habit to die. Do sports. Read books. Maybe even play with a tablet or smartphone. Date people. Do something you've been putting off for a while.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2013, 11:26:02 am »

Try watching gameplay videos before buying something that catches your eye. If you like the looks of it and think you'd enjoy it, buy/download it and try it. It'll hopefully save you some money and memory.

Let's plays can be a great way to get yourself into a game, or decide that you wouldn't like it before you buy it yourself.

I watch a lot of Jef Major's let's plays, and doing that can really get me in the mood to play a particular game. I've even gotten some that I'd never have tried otherwise, because I could tell after watching that it'd be something I'd enjoy.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2013, 11:45:33 am »

Personally, I get that when a game isn't challenging enough. I really need to feel like I need to improve for the game to have any meaning. Story and presentation are nice, but ultimately the gameplay bit only get meaningful with challenge. Part of the reason why assassin creed felt awful to play to me, it's almost impossible to fail.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 11:48:27 am »

Try watching gameplay videos before buying something that catches your eye. If you like the looks of it and think you'd enjoy it, buy/download it and try it. It'll hopefully save you some money and memory.

Let's plays can be a great way to get yourself into a game, or decide that you wouldn't like it before you buy it yourself.

I watch a lot of Jef Major's let's plays, and doing that can really get me in the mood to play a particular game. I've even gotten some that I'd never have tried otherwise, because I could tell after watching that it'd be something I'd enjoy.

I like LPs of games that are so linear, watching is as good as playing. Plus commentary.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic
Pages: 1 [2]