Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Age of Death  (Read 698 times)

TheSlimeGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Age of Death
« on: October 13, 2013, 05:48:14 am »

Hi folks.  Wondering if anyone knows a simple way of generating a world that will inevitably lead to an Age of Death?  Is this a fate destined for all worlds if generated/played for long enough or is this something that is more likely to occur through random elements during world gen?  How can I bring this process about as naturally and swiftly as possible?

"Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given."

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Death
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 11:29:51 am »

I'd like to know if you end up with guaranteed age progression on old enough worlds.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Death
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 12:36:34 pm »

With modding you could just set max age of civilized creatures to one year and watch them die of old age.

Without modding it's far more trickier. There isn't really any reliable way. I haven't tried, but since that age is triggered when all civilizations are gone, I'd make a extrmeley hostile world with very few civilizations, low population- and site cap and terrific amount of megabeasts. Tiny world with long history.