Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Demolishing a Necromancer tower  (Read 1602 times)

whatever1works

• Bay Watcher
  • *Flips table*
    • View Profile
Demolishing a Necromancer tower
« on: October 11, 2013, 10:47:36 pm »

Ok, i was playing around with 'embark anywhere' and embarked onto a necromancer tower. As soon as i got there, i forbid the doors to stop the zobos from heading out and killing everything. Then i channeled around the tower and dug under it. CRASH. The whole tower disintegrates, and everything living or unliving  dies. In the ruins are a bunch of artifacts and 'The Secrets to Life and Death'. Can i like teach my whole fort into being necromancers now. Or is it just a pretty decoration, the object is listed as a furnuture item (slab)

Also another, when i abandon the fort, and say i embark next to the ex-necromancer tower will i still get attacks or 'sieged' by legions of the undead?

Anyone know about it?
"Do you want some fish balls?", "No thanks I'll have a steak please"

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Demolishing a Necromancer tower
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 11:10:56 pm »

I have no idea if it is still possible to be sieged by the undead, but at the very least if an undead siege does occur, it will be less of a threat, since there is no-one to raise corpses.

You cannot teach your dwarves the secrets of life and death, unfortunately. I have no idea if the slab can be built like a normal slab, but I would recommend keeping it so that any adventurers that you make in the future can go back to the fort and become a necromancer. Just remember to make sure that they can read.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 11:36:34 pm »

Yeah, your adventurer can become a necromancer and revive the dead and be immortal. Normally you would have to fight tons of undead to get to the slab but since you killed them all already you've got it easy.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 05:28:31 am »

Danae84, I think you're a little confused about the topic content...

Edit: You can get sieged without any necromancers present in an off-map tower, though I had to wait six years after capturing the last of the necromancers. In the case of an on-map tower, the game might or might not handle it the same way.

Let us know if you get any unled undead sieges.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 05:33:28 am by Sutremaine »
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.