Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's Play CK2: Alternate History Germany in 1001  (Read 3070 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Let's Play CK2: Alternate History Germany in 1001
« on: November 15, 2013, 02:45:03 pm »

It is the year 1001 of our lord Jesus Christ. of our undying lord Odin. My Name is Eberhard von Oldenburg, last in the line of the Karlings. And first of our line in more than 4 Centuries to be following the Old Faith. I can't say im particularly happy with it but better then ending up like the rest of my line. Since 867 a lot has changed.

Under the rule of Ivar Boneless the Grand Pagan Army was successfull and Northumbria fell to the Norse Invaders. The Blood Eagle was carved into Aella and his line extinguished.
In the following three generations Ivar's line conquered Ireland, Scotland, Wales and finally Britain. Forming Great Britannia. The Star of the Northmen was rising more and more, while my Christian Brethren foolish forefathers waged Civil War to regain the Carolingian Empire. Soon enough the heathens Britons turned onto their ancestral homelands uniting them under one banner. That of the Ivarings. Denmark, Iceland and Norway fell in short succession to the never ending Hunger of the Vikingr.

At the height of their might Ragnar I. proclaimed himself Fylkir of the Norse Faith and reformed it to the beliefs we now hold. Following this the Great Subjugations began. Even the united Front of Aquitaine, Francia, Lotharingia and even the Heretical Italians couldn't save us from the Wrath of the Norsemen. Germany fell and in short succession Bavaria and Bohemia and even Venice and Carinthia.

But even so. With the Death of Ragnar I. the Crown Wars began. lasting for over four decades and in the process killing Ragnar II. shortly after producing an heir, ended only a year ago. When his Highness Emperor Ragnar III. in his wisdom declared the Independence of all Kingdoms not belonging to the Territory of Great Britain. Germany, Bavaria, Bohemia, Denmark, Norway, Britanny and Iceland all became independent, while the Territories of Irland, Skotland and England where given back to their respective Rulers and stay only nominally under the Rule of Ragnar III. who has his seat in Vestmystur.

From the accounts of Eberhard Karling, Thane of Oldenburg.

Hello and welcome to my little Let's Play. It is CK2 with a twist. The Norse have reformed their faith and brought Germany back to the Old Faith.
The following Rulers are available:

King Gotthard of Germany of the Line of the Lengenfeld's
Gotthard is a boy of 15 years of Age and King of the newly independent Kingdom of Germany. Like most of the Nobility in Germany they are "upstarts" mere lowborns elevated to the ranks of Jarls and Kings. A terrible Fauxpax in Christian Countries it is shrugged off in the Lands of the Norse.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thane Ekbert of Schwaben of the Line of Romney
Ekbert was a Anglo-Saxon Housecarl who distinguished himself on the field of battle and was subsequently awarded the County of Schwaben, partly out of lack of German Nobility remaining partly because the Emperor didn't like how his wife stared at Eckbert. Damn handsome bastard.

Jarl Eginolf of Brunswick of the Line of Steinfurt
First of the "New Jarls" Eginolf had seen it all. The Subjugation of Germany, the Crown Wars and finally the Independence of Germany. That old sack of Bones fought on both side of both wars and survived it all more or less unscathed. now with 51 years he is getting old and crotchety but he still has german steel in him and intends to bequeath it to his sons.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play CK2: Alternate History Germany in 1001
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 04:48:53 pm »

Hmm. I'd say play the count for maximum Glory in eventually becoming Ruler of all the Known World from modest beginnings but he's also 49 and childless. That gorgeous beard notwithstanding.

Play as the crotchety Duke and take the crown from that pup of a King. 

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 04:02:56 pm »

Sorry the new Patch killed my savegame...or maybe its the DLC...i dont know which of the two...:/

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 06:46:21 pm »

Sorry the new Patch killed my savegame...or maybe its the DLC...i dont know which of the two...:/

Paradox announced that the latest major patch would kill many save games.  Guess they can't all be old save compatible.