Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven checkerboard, but wrong candy spire, how do I get the clowns through?  (Read 1328 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Other than hitting die into the DFhack console and digging a new route to the correct candy spire, how do I get the demons to path through the spire that I opened and into the dwarven checkerboard?

It was kind of anticlimatic and even when I dug a bit of a ramp down, they didn't path through. When the dwarf was digging a new path to the correct spire, a bunch of demons DID path to the dwarf, but then again it was not long after I had autodumped some food and drink to the sacrificial dwarf. So, I'm not sure whether they just pathed randomly or what got their attention. I also realized that the stairs access to the playing field had been obsidianified and forgot to carve a new down stairs, but even fixing that didn't do anything.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's really no way to make the demons rush up through the other spire, but they will wander into it from time to time. Basically, they'll behave like aggressive wild animals.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll just have to dig another tunnel then.

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could just open the other spires below your chess board, so they rush up through it anyway.