Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves won't recover their wounded?  (Read 770 times)

Ebonblade7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves won't recover their wounded?
« on: October 02, 2013, 05:21:28 pm »

A kobold thief attempted to steal my silver, so I sicked my army of blood-hungry recruits on him. One, a lightly armored speardwarf, was able to catch up and basically cut open the kobold's heart, getting both legs cut open in the process. A dwarf naturally came to pick him up (as he couldnt stand) but was scared off by the dying thief. So far, noone has gone to complete the abandoned job, and it doesnt appear in the jobs menu.
Can you tell me how to make my dwarves recover this guy before he dies?

EDIT: Another dwarf apparently got the recover wounded job. This was abruptly cancelled. I got the message "Cancel recover wounded: handling dangerous creature". I dont know what this means, and I seriously need some help.

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 05:25:16 pm by Ebonblade7 »

Ebonblade7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves won't recover their wounded?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 05:44:30 pm »

Nevermind, the dwarves hauled him to the hospital while I wasn't looking.

Ebonblade7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 05:54:52 pm »

All of my doctor's skills were rusty and he botched the cleaning job (or maybe I ran out of soap). Now my dwarf is infected. Can he be cured of it or will it always eventually kill him?

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 06:43:05 pm »

You probably were either out of soap or the water sorce used for the cleaning was contaminated, I dont think rusty skills can result in infection although it might be possible for it to be from going too long before the cleaning.  Still most likeyl it was mud in the water or no soap.

As to the infection itself it depends a bit on the dwarf and a bit on the infection.  Sometimes they will heal up on their own.  Other times the infection persists.  If it persists its treated as a source of blood loss.  An avrage dwarf can normaly be suffering from a couple of these before it overwhelms his natural regeneration.  Depending on their stats they may be able to suffer from quite a few infections and be just fine or a single one may kill them.  Prety much all you can do is wait and see.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 08:28:42 pm »

"Cancel <whatever>: handling dangerous creature" happens occasionally, probably due to some sort of minor bug.  It's just log spam that you can ignore.  It seems to happen randomly when some dwarf is moving an animal (to a pasture, to a cage, to a farmer's workshop to be milked, to a restraint, etc.).
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz