Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Prevention! Magma Crabs Spewing Crap  (Read 2737 times)

Raphite1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Beards and Brimstone
Re: Prevention! Magma Crabs Spewing Crap
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 01:23:44 pm »

If they're shooting through the openings in the floor that power the forges, place one of the impassible tiles of the forges over the opening.

It's hard for me to tell exactly what the issue is without understanding how your setup is arranged, but it's hard for me imagine one where it's impossible to block the crab shots with walls or floors.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 05:26:16 pm »

I'm not 100% sure that an impassable forge tile is enough to stop projectile attacks (just something tickling the back of my brain when reading this topic). Is it?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 05:47:36 pm »

I'm not 100% sure that an impassable forge tile is enough to stop projectile attacks (just something tickling the back of my brain when reading this topic). Is it?

It does stop them from spewing shit at me. As soon as I moved my forges and smelters, they all screwed off and stopped firing. I have the forges and smelters on overdrive right now, pumping ores. Not a single shot was fired and its been a whole season
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 06:34:26 pm »

That would seem to settle it then.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 [2]