Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves won't use foreign cloth?  (Read 1573 times)

revane

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dwarves won't use foreign cloth?
« on: October 05, 2013, 02:59:26 pm »

Is it normal for dwarves to refuse to use foreign cloth? I have a bunch of various kinds of wool that I bought from the first caravan. Except my clothier refuses to make bags of the stuff. In standing orders, dwarves are allowed to use 'any' cloth. The cloth isn't forbidden and I've tried dumping it and reclaiming it without any help. Any other suggestions?

Incidentally, I have a secretive mood dwarf looking for cloth as well but won't touch the stuff either.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves won't use foreign cloth?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 03:33:13 pm »

There could be some problems, but not usually. They should use sheep, alpaca and... forgot the last one, but those types of wool are used normally. Other types could cause problems? I'm not entirely sure on that. Check and double check if maybe it's forbidden, I can't think of much else
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 03:43:14 pm »

Are you using burrows?

Also, what type of bags are you trying to make, YARN?

The mood dwarf may want silk, plant fibre OR wool cloth...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:45:25 pm by Dwarfu »

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 05:13:05 pm »

Well the mood could want silk.  no way to know other than to supply all primary types of cloth or use DF hack and see what he wants. 

As to your problem with bags its probably because your ordering cloth bags and not yarn bags.  If you order cloth bags it will try to make bags out of any type of plant fiber fabric but it wont touch silk or yarn based fabrics.  The same holds true for yarn and silk bags.   If you want bags made out of forein wool try ordering yarn bags instead.

Oh and the use any cloth order has to do with dyed cloth not plant/silk/yarn cloth.  It basicly tells your dwarves to either use only dyed cloth or just use whatever is at hand.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 05:14:41 pm by Merendel »

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 06:35:44 pm »

Now I feel slightly stupid for not thinking of those possibilities  :P
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

revane

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 10:28:49 pm »

Yarn bags were the answer. I feel silly for not even trying that. Thanks for the help.