Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Animal trainer will not continue to train?  (Read 319 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Animal trainer will not continue to train?
« on: September 27, 2013, 11:37:31 am »

I'm playing a mod, Genesis (new one) and I have a razorback and an owl in a pasture marked as such and as a animal training site. The razorback and owl are not in cages. The razorback is semi wild, owl is trained to the first degree. For whatever reason, my trainer decided to stop there, and despite having no job, will not continue to train them. Anyone experience this before or have some answers?

"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Animal trainer will not continue to train?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 03:16:56 pm »

If your knowledge on the species and the skill of the trainer arn't very high yet, this may be the best they can be for now. The trainer, in theory, continues to reinforce the training to prevent them from going wild. Only when the combination of knowledge (possibly) and skill is good enough will the quality of the training improve. More exotic animals are harder to train, which might explain the difference between the two animals. If you worry about the razorback going back to wild, put it in a cage untill you feel confident the training is of enough quality that the trainer will get there in time. Just trained instead of semi-wild is usually enough as long as trainers arn't overworked
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Animal trainer will not continue to train?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 12:52:42 pm »

ok, thanks :)

Unfortunately I can't share the results because the entire fort fell to a gobbie siege soon after.  90 dwarves down the drain. Of course, I was also experimenting with the sacrificial pit and occult shrine and that led to !!FUN!!

I found the razorback's corpse lying somewhere. Owl is still MIA.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 01:03:38 pm by Icefire2314 »
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/