Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Extra Life Marathon | Nov 2nd | 25 hours of nerdiness  (Read 1017 times)

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
Extra Life Marathon | Nov 2nd | 25 hours of nerdiness
« on: October 12, 2013, 10:35:48 am »

Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure exactly where to put this, but since it does center around gaming I thought this would be appropriate.

In three weeks the Extra Life Marathon is starting on November 2nd. Basically, it's a full day of marathon gaming to raise money for local children's hospitals. You can either sign up and play for up to 25 hours (they really love the 25 hour thing, we gain an hour that day) or you can support someone by donating any amount. If you want to play, all you have to do is sign up on their website. You can either join an existing team or go on your own. Also, you get to choose which hospital all of the funds you raise goes to. So basically, a great reason to play a ton of games all day while raising money for children's hospitals.

If you guys want more information, check out the website here: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?

When November 2nd gets a bit closer, I'm going to update this post with my twitch stream as well as anyone else that is participating. Feel free to discuss. Last year the Extra Life marathon raised over 2.3 million dollars.

I have quite a few games in my collection, so I'll probably be playing whatever anyone wants to see.
SS13
League
RTW II
Skyrim
Arma 3
Kerbalz
Kenshi
etc

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Extra Life Marathon | Nov 2nd | 25 hours of nerdiness
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 10:50:33 am »

I imagine this might be better in play with your buddies!

anywho, I think Rome II or SS13!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 11:19:01 am »

Kenshi for sure. That game could use more press. KSP is also a good time killer.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 11:39:16 am »

Wish you guys luck, I would do this, but at the moment it doesn't seem like I'd get the time.