Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Journey to the Black World [0/5]  (Read 1678 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Journey to the Black World [0/5]
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 08:22:59 am »

Get Cloth Robe, Dagger and Converter. Put the robe on. Pick up 1 gold pouch and 1 health elixir.

"Well Kept friends! I am Confessor Zu," says Zu, with a bow. "I will be the Converter of the party, so never hesitate to call on my aid. Our knowledge of the Moaning Swamp is less complete so that is the route that we must take. But first, we ought investigate that nearby light."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 08:41:02 am »

Yes, the health pools are your maximum until they are upgraded when you level up. You convert on a one to one ratio, and you don't need to roll, just stand directly next to a target and not be interrupted. 10 HP/MP conversions take 1 Turn. So if you wanted to heal 30 HP, you'd need 30 MP and take three turns uninterrupted.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 08:45:59 am »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 09:46:07 am »

Action: Collect/Equip Ace Of Spades, Robe, Dagger, 1 Health Elixir, at least 1 Mana Elixir or any mana elixirs left no one else takes

Kathryn flipped her card in her hand dextrously. It almost immediately burst into flame, and yet the card did not burn as it should-it was a living flame in her hand. After a moment, the bright red fire dimmed and grew black, less luminous, but no less dangerous-she frowned. It was a spade. No doubt some sort of private joke-she preferred to use a suite of hearts with her magic, since it has a strong mental resonance with her spirit-or so they told her.

"And I'm Kathryn Wellard. I'll be our teams long range artillery-just point me to something, and I'll turn it to ash. Just don't let them get close to me, right?" She says, eying her teammates one by one.

"In any case I agree with Mr. Zu-let's make our introductions short and investigate that light, then take the route through the swamp. No ones going to be fresher and better equipped then us to test it's dangers." She says confidently.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 12:07:01 pm »

"Yo! Larissa here. Guessin' they filed me under Warrior, probably 'cause they had no Facepuncher class for me. Well, whatever! Let's get going to some warmer place. This cold's a pain." She stretches a bit to warm up, and then continues talking to nobody in particular, a tiny bit of venting.

"You wouldn't believe how many tubes and chips and devices they put into me. I like doing things with my own two hands, and knowing that that's me alone - well, without the pipework I couldn't even survive here they said - but there's also been a lecture on uploading programs to my brain, and, ugh - well, it feels like cheating, know what I mean?"

Pick up an HP elixir, a gold pouch and a cloth robe. Also, a dagger, but it's not going to be used much at all.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 12:19:00 pm »

"Well Kept, Burner Wellard," says Confessor Zu, frowning slightly at being called 'Mr'. "May your flames destroy only that which would destroy us."

He looks on as Larissa tries to take a third cloth robe, when both are already being worn.

"Well Kept, Fist Wizard Larissa," he greets with a gesture of openness. "Perhaps you would be better suited with one of the leather suits? Unless you would like my robe? I admit I would not be dismayed at having a little extra protection."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 01:22:39 pm »

"Oh. Uh. Heh. Didn't pay attention for a moment. Well then, I'll be taking leather... oof... I feel a bit constrained, but whatever, let's see how well this thing holds up."

It's leather armor, then.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 06:02:28 pm »

Arron picks up the remaining leather armour, and the sniper rifle

Hello, my name is Arron, I will be providing long ranged removal of obstacles
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2013, 07:11:19 pm »

I'm certain that the heavy armor and Zweihander are for me.

Jenna picks up and equips her equipment, along with a health elixir and one of the bags of gold.

I'm Jenna. I don't care how we go about getting to the camp so long none of you die.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 07:23:43 pm by Pufferfish »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Journey to the Black World [5/5]
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2013, 08:04:38 pm »

Chapter I: Black World

You all pick up your gear and start introducing each other. You all agree on heading to the nearby camp with the fire, and afterwards going through the Swamp. You start heading out, constantly checking the minimap. You make sure not to trip over the twigs and stones on the ground, which is quite difficult. You arrive at the top of a hill, and you can see directly below you is the camp. The whole camp is on fire, with the people within the camp rushing to retrieve their weapons. You see four of them, and another one leading them, facing directly at a huge, scaled beast. The leader unsheathes twin blades, each glowing an eerie blue. He charges at the monster, dodging to the left as the beast breathes flames at him.

The other men all rush to help their leader, but one of them is grabbed by the beast, who crushes him in its claws. His teammates yell defiantly at their comrades death, and one lets loose a bolt of ice, which pierces the beast in the shoulder. Steam erupts from the wound, and the drakeling screams. It fires a ball of flame at the wizard, and the wizard is flung backwards and smashes into a tree, bursting into flames. The last two attempt to fight from behind the trees, darting around left and right while shooting darts and bolts. The two hit their mark, and the drakeling is soon shrouded in its own steam. It yells loudly and exhales a gout of flame at the trees. A tree falls on of them, crushing his leg. The other is directly hit by the flame and burns. He rolls on the ground, but he cannot remove the magical fire.

The leader looks around at his squad, all wiped out. His gaze turns towards the beast, and he prepares himself to charge. His HP Tank is low, and he expends more Vitality Fluid on giving himself an adrenalin boost. He sprints towards the beast, dodging left and right at the beast's swings and fire balls. He leaps at the drake, slashing violently and spinning his body along with his two swords. He manages to cut deeply into the beasts shoulder, but he lands flat on the ground, steam rising from his back when the beasts blood splattered on him. He crawls while grunting, until he sees you on the cliff. He waves for you to come and help.

Monster Encountered: Weakened Drakeling

Spoiler: Jenna (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Confessor Zu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kathryn Wellard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arron Hansen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Larissa Kaydash (click to show/hide)

To notguitethere's questions:
No your speciality only allows you to convert MP to HP or someone else's HP to another person's HP. 
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2013, 08:06:51 pm »

You guys go, I will engage from here

Aim at the monster, and fire
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2013, 08:40:34 pm »

I'll cover him.
Get between the leader and the Drake. If the Drake is close enough, have a pass at it with my zweihander. If not, take up a defensive position.

Don't make me do this all by myself.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2013, 11:40:10 pm »

Action: Firebolt barrage!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2013, 04:43:41 am »

"Hold on friend!"

Run to the leader and start converting my MP into his HP (unless the man has MP himself, then I'll convert his MP into HP for him.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2013, 05:45:26 am »

"Awwwww yeah! A dragon right off the bat? I guess my day can only become better!"

Flank the monster! Charge as soon as the drakeling distracts itself on someone else, jump on its back and start pummeling the heavily-wounded shoulder!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 05:47:12 am by Errol »
Pages: 1 [2]