Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Annoying Mandate  (Read 778 times)

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
Annoying Mandate
« on: January 18, 2008, 01:32:00 pm »

My Mayor just mandated 3 steel items, unfortunately i have no iron ore or flux, if i kill him will it get rid of the mandate??? I dont want my legendary weaponsmith to get beaten.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Bogdanov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Annoying Mandate
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 01:35:00 pm »

This should answer your question :

In another topic, i was asking what was the point of killing nobles, this is the answer i received :

quote:
Often, if a noble likes (for example) mugs, they will forbid you from exporting mugs. This is a problem if you -like- exporting mugs.

Or if a noble likes platinum, they may demand that you make platinum items--never mind that you have no platinum in your whole mountain.

God help you if you violate any of these, as they'll send the Hammerer after someone and an innocent dwarf will get maimed or die!

So when a noble sets a pesky mandate, they tend to have an 'accident'. That results in high noble turnover, until you find a group of nobles with sane preferences that you can live with.  

I guess killing him would work then

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 01:47:00 pm »

great thanks, i guess hes going to have lots of fun swimming in the magma
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

mwoody450

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 05:08:00 pm »

In the future, I'd suggest never making a sheriff or fortress guard, and lock the Hammerer in his room with plenty of food and water when he arrives.  The only drawback to a punishment not being meted out is an unhappy noble, and since nobles have lives of unparalleled luxury, they're unlikely to drop below "ecstatic" anyway.

Otherwise, the increasing tide of Nobles making constant demands and mandates will become an apocalyptic drain on your society as a whole.