Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any easy way to see if my militia has the gear for their uniform?  (Read 621 times)

Oddible

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Any easy way to see if my militia has the gear for their uniform?
« on: September 29, 2013, 01:56:53 am »

I'm finding equipping my militia insanely cumbersome.  The fact that I cannot get to a dwarf's inventory screen from the militia screen is driving me bonkers.  I've assigned leather uniforms but I noticed one of them still wearing cloth so I've clearly run out of leather - I just am wondering if there is a simple way to count up what I need.  The process of having to go to the (u) screen, then hit (c) because for some unknown reason you can't get to their inventory from the u-v screen, then (i) which means I can't hit ESC to go back I have to start again from a fresh (u) screen is putting me in a fey mood.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any easy way to see if my militia has the gear for their uniform?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 02:08:15 am »

Yea the military screen is really clunky and unfortunately, no there isn't an easier way.

In the same line, I would also like to be able to view the information of a named weapon on the equip screen. Would have been helpful when I was assigning specific weapons to the swordsdwarves since a few weren't holding a sword for some reason.