Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone have a DF Hack tutorial?  (Read 946 times)

DethBrand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Anyone have a DF Hack tutorial?
« on: September 03, 2013, 03:34:37 pm »

So far the only two commands that seem to do anything at all are Prospect & Stonesense. So far every other command or plugin I try to use either returns nothing when I hit enter & does nothing at all in game, tells me there's no such plugin in spite of it being listed as a plugin, or that the command is not recognized as a command even tho it shows up on the list of commands when I type ls.. Beyond annoying. -.-

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have a DF Hack tutorial?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 04:17:53 pm »

Some of them are like that for me (magic-shovel for example) but the majority work for me.  Reveal all, magmasource, etc... all mostly work.

Which ones are you specifically trying to get functional?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 04:41:12 pm »

You might be better off asking this in the Modding forum rather than Gameplay Questions.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

nonobots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 08:07:21 pm »

You seem to know about 'ls' to list what's available, make sure you also use 'help command'. Most commands have basic help in the command line.

I've been learning the different stuff through that. The read me html file is pretty complete and up-to-date too. Not always easy to follow but it's a good base to start from.
Playing DF on a Mac.

DethBrand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 12:50:28 am »

Sorry, I actually forgot I posted this. >.<
The only ones I really want to work are the interactive ones to make it easier to do things in game, but I'll ask in modding.
Also the html/readme on gethub didn't have anything useful info for my problem. >.< Checked those out before I made this thread.