Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More animal corpses!  (Read 1187 times)

elipsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
More animal corpses!
« on: March 03, 2008, 08:45:00 pm »

I had the elves bring me cages full of hippo corpses and It's spring time on a cold map. I'd understand the arctic, but is the temperature to blame in just a 'cold' map the way it is on a freezing glacier map? it's spring and every thing's green. I wasn't able to immediately make the trade. should that matter? are elves just all jerks?

Crafty Barnardo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More animal corpses!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 10:04:00 pm »

Well, elves are jerks, but I don't think they are supposed to bring dead animals.  It sounds more like a bug.
Crafty Barnardo cancels task:  distracted by shiny object

Ergates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 09:08:00 am »

Dwarf: 'Ello, I wish to complain about this hippopotamus what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very caravan

Elf: Oh yes, the, uh, the Norwegian Blue...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?

Dwarf: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

Elf: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.

Dwarf: Look, matey, I know a dead hippo when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Elf: No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable hippo, the Norwegian Blue, isn'it, ay? Beautiful plumage!

Dwarf: The plumage don't enter into it. It's stone dead.

Elf: Nononono, no, no! 'E's resting!

Etc...

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 09:13:00 am »

Hi!

I am not sure, but it could be that it is still too cold for the hippos. After all, they are usually found in subtropical climates IIRC.

That's the only thing I can think of.

Deathworks

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 09:16:00 am »

Hippos stun easily, you see.

I actually don't mind.  Since corpses have no value, you can buy any exotic meat and bones you like for the base cost of the cage, which is almost always undecorated since it's used in transporting an animal.  Just buy the cage, and a butcher will run over and grab it, and butcher the animal in the cage.  Hippo tallow roast, lion bone earrings, and wooden cages all round!

Also, hippo plumage?  Horsefeathers.

termitehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 12:01:00 pm »

They'll butcher it as soon as it is out of the cage so don't forget to dump the corpse then claim it!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 01:30:00 pm »

The butcher it before it's out of the cage... I've had a guy grabbing corpse cages, bringing them to the butchery, and doing his work.  No splinters in the meat, either.