Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Old Newbie Plays DF: A Video Let's Play  (Read 697 times)

Observato

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Old Newbie Plays DF: A Video Let's Play
« on: September 02, 2013, 04:34:37 pm »

Hellow there! I'm Observato, an old fan of DF from the DF 2010 versions, who somehow claims to be such without ever once touching nobles, sieges, and the other especially Fun parts of the game. I've recently been recruited to film the video biography of 7 dwarves who wish to build a fortress.

This party is inadequately prepared (read: used "Play Now!" supplies) and decided the middle of a desert was a good place to start up as such. (Relatively tame compared to some people, but possibly tough for me.)

So without further pausing, enjoy!

Current Episode:
Episode 1 ~ Humble Beginnings

------
(Space to archive Episodes)
------

Comment away on things you liked and things I can improve! I can take it, I swear. (Ex. "Audio was a bit quiet in places." I don't know what caused that exactly, but I'll speak up next time.)

Also, if you liked what you saw here, have a look at the channel! I currently run FTL the indie game, and have plans to add other games in time. (i.e. when I can afford them)

EDIT: Almost forgot! If you want a dwarf, just let me know and I'll add your name onto your dwarf of choice. Note that it's first come first serve; not everyone can be some legendary hero/legendary derp.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:36:41 pm by Observato »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Old Newbie Plays DF: A Video Let's Play
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 09:47:42 pm »

Have you considered setting up a closed caption option for these videos?  This way, people would be able to read this while the sound is muted as well as understand things that are said when the volume becomes "too quiet".
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
Re: Old Newbie Plays DF: A Video Let's Play
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 03:13:25 pm »

How did you make that?
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children