Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Babby's first bloodsucker  (Read 2542 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Babby's first bloodsucker
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 11:03:53 pm »

Well, they do stick around after its abandonment, currently. Although when a fortress is abandoned, the locations of all the creatures in it are forgotten (including goblin prisoners in cages and forgotten beasts you'd sealed out in the caverns), and when loaded in adventure mode the fortress is repopulated from the exterior inwards. So, if most of your fort is inaccessible to the surface when you abandon it, then when loaded in adventure mode the only areas populated should be those with access to the surface. And all the hostiles will be in that surface-accessible area as well.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 01:36:14 pm »

I think DFHack has an option that lets you mark your map as a Lair, forcing item positions to stay the same. However, not sure if this works with creatures.

stainlesssteellocust

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2013, 11:19:49 am »

So, I've trapped the guy in his office-he gains a lease of unlife for helping deal with the havoc of the drought idiocy, where he let everyone cry on him to no end. It seems removing Mayors doesn't take, as well. He's a great macedwarf, and so I've given him an artifact mace and built a barracks in his quarters. Still reading up on danger rooms ATM, but that's a possibility. Of course the bastard would rather conduct meetings for a whole year than anything else, but there you go.

That talk of vampire babies sounds amusing, though. Would a baby drink his blood if left in a tile of it, say?

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 01:32:59 pm »

Unfortunately, babies don't drink.  When their mother picks them up, their hunger and thirst resets to 0.  Children on the other hand...
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2013, 08:27:22 pm »

You probably don't want to vampify anyone that isn't both physically mature and fit, because vampires cannot age (IE children will remain children forever) and their attributes can't increase.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

UnlawfullyDeranged

• Bay Watcher
  • For every one, there will be one hundred more.
    • View Profile
    • 'Best War Animals'  'Clocks'
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 06:24:39 pm »

Train up dodger to legendary and put them in a fortification pillbox for goblins to waste ammo on.
That's just about all I've got.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 06:26:25 pm by UnlawfullyDeranged »
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
Just no cheesemakers.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 09:31:20 pm »

off topic, but i enjoy chaining down prisoners and having military get titles safely when they arent out fighting
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 01:14:06 pm »

I think reading this thread made me realize another "trick".

It's the mayor.

It is always the mayor.

It has been for me, at least, and others and this thread.

Mayor=Excellent social skills
Vampire=Excellent social skills of centuries
Vampires get elected mayor very very often.

Watch out for 13 year old forts, though, children born in the fort can be almost as good as vampires.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2013, 05:07:49 pm »

Try a 22 year old fort, the current mayor has been mayor for YEARS, my newly immigrant vampire isn't going to replace him anytime soon.
Pages: 1 [2]