Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (CLT)  (Read 1026 times)

Kjoery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(CLT)
« on: August 22, 2006, 10:32:00 pm »

Does this mean that the building is getting worn down? Is this possible to fix without physically tearing down, and rebuilding the building?

Griz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (CLT)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 10:32:00 pm »

it's cluttered with too many items and will work slower until they're moved.

ToxicFrog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 07:42:00 am »

This happens when you have no free stockpiles for whatever the workshop is producing; it just piles up, cluttering the shop and slowing production.
The solution is to create or expand the corresponding stockpile and wait for haulers to move the stuff out of the workshop, at which point it will become uncluttered again.

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 09:20:00 am »

Incidentally, does anyone know exactly how clutter is calculated? My kitchens always get very cluttered very fast; if I have like 20 biscuits in them it will be in the yellow or red. My crafts shop can have 50 bolts lying around and only be in one of the lower stages of clutter, though, so it's not just number of items. And my masonry shop can have several pieces of furniture (hundreds of pounds) and be barely cluttered at all, so it's not item weight. Do different buildings have different capacities or something?

Stromko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 08:23:00 pm »

50 =piles= of bolts or 50 bolts? 50 bolts is only 2-4 piles depending on what material you're using, 15-25 arrows get produced in just one work order and then they're one item for all intents and purposes.

Most food seems to stockpile in maximum heaps of five, so those biscuits are at least 4 piles, but might be considered as 20 separate items while in your workshop.

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 08:46:00 pm »

About 6 or 7 piles of bolts. Most of them were made from single bones, so they were in piles of 5.

By contrast, my kitchen currently contains:

Wolf fat
Deer fat [2]
Cow cheese biscuits [10]
(tiger meat [5])
(raccoon meat [5])
Plump helmet spawn stew [4]
Wolf fat

And this list is sufficient to put it up to dark red (CLT). In contrast, I have a forge with over two pages of items, including stacks of 100 coins each and a couple stacks of 25 bolts, and it's only at white (CLT). So my forge has more stacks of items, more total items, and more total weight, but it ends up with a lower clutter rating. What's up with kitchens?