Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Devoted Hunters and lazy haulers.  (Read 834 times)

iannersonny

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Devoted Hunters and lazy haulers.
« on: September 18, 2013, 03:53:45 pm »

So i have been having quite a few issues lately, but before i go any further, i will mention that I am using the masterwork mod pack. Recently, some of my hunters have been going into the tunnels i have dug out, and attempted to hunt in a 3 by 4 area. Not only that, but they will not stop. I have tried everything, and they even ignore hunger and exhaustion. Two of them have already starved to death because of this. The dwarves i have assigned to haul won't move anything unless it is on the same layer as they are as well. They just stopped after i loaded my save up when I got home. I have no burrows or any restrictions anywhere either. I was just curious as to why this could have happened.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Devoted Hunters and lazy haulers.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 01:31:08 am »

Hunting is a high-priority job that can take a long time, I've never had a hunter starve to death but I think it's possible.
Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to alter job priorities.

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 03:32:52 am »

I suspect you might have some broken stairs/ramps with disconnected levels.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 08:39:35 am »

I suspect you might have some broken stairs/ramps with disconnected levels.

definately this. Hunters are notorious for
1: doing nothing but hunting
2: stopping just short of actually killing things in order to go on break (at least with me, I'm sure it was just bad luck)

In any case, if haulers stay on just one level, they can't get anywhere else. Note that you do need refuse hauling outside enabled
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.