Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Case of the Missing Finished Goods Bins  (Read 670 times)

peterb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Case of the Missing Finished Goods Bins
« on: March 03, 2008, 07:41:00 pm »

I have a huge, successful, wealthy fortress.  The dwarven caravan just arrived for the third year running.  I am overflowing with goods (and goblin armor) to trade.

In issuing my "Bring goods to depot" orders, I noticed something funny.  I have several finished goods bins that are sitting in Finished Goods stockpiles.  They're there.  They are full of stuff.  They're accessible.  But they don't show up at all on the "Bring goods to depot" UI.

What gives?  Anyone else ever see this?

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Case of the Missing Finished Goods Bins
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 07:46:00 pm »

I noticed the other night for the first time, when I was trading 20% of my fortress worth to get precious precious steel.

There was a bin with a bunch of high-quality gold goblets in it.  And one felsite ring.  Not a =Felsite Ring=, a lowest-possible-grade felsite ring.

But, my mayor forbade the export of any rings.  Seems if the bin contains even a single forbidden item, it doesn't show up when you cull (as is the default) based on mandates.

peterb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Case of the Missing Finished Goods Bins
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 07:47:00 pm »

Yes, I just figured it out.  My mayor -- the idiot -- has banned export of amulets.  The bins have some amulets in them, thus the entire bin is invalidated from even showing up on the cull list.

That's sort of painful.