Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Adventurer Mode Tips  (Read 1370 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Mode Tips
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2006, 05:12:00 am »

I've never had any problem with animals, but nightwings feel no pain, so I doubt they'd be effected.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

odd2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2006, 05:17:00 am »

Pick up 300 rocks. Throw them at a wall. Congratulations, you are now a legendary thrower.

Gedsaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2006, 06:41:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by John Gaden:
<STRONG> The first thing i did was go find some ruins and practice throwing on zombies. Basically just pick up several tons of rocks and just go to town. </STRONG>

If I'm fighting skeletons and zombies I don't use rocks! I use the skeletons skull and bones after I hack him up with my sword!   :)  After all getting extra attacks is good! (If there is more then one enamy attacking you they are very good as when they attack you and miss you get a free attack on them). Most of my attacks in this game are counterstrikes. remember if your surrounded by enamies the best way to kill them is to get lots of counterstrikes, which then results in all of them looseing their heads in about 2 turns.

Good, finnaly finshed counterstrike worship!  :D (Speaking of which counterstrike is also a very awsome game!)   :p

John Gaden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 10:15:00 pm »

Counterstrike. Meh. I would take my 6 speas and slay any monster before they even got a chance to initiate an attack. Throwing, as it is, is HUGELY overpowered. In a manner of minutes and a bit of RSI, i can have a skill of 30+, and destroy an army of dwarves with only a handfull of silver rings. The only reason i went to a graveyard to practice throwing is the fact that there are goodies lying around, and it's more fun than throwing rocks at a wall, which increases your skill just as much.

Honestly, the only skills i would really even consider adding to now are a weapon, and armor. Throwing can be raised by spamming rocks at a wall, wrestling is a breeze to get up to 15 if you spend a bit of time in a graveyard, and ambushing is as easy as holding down the "left" button in town. But the catch-22 so to speak, is that once youve got throwing, ambushing and wrestling up, weapons and armor are useless(essentially.)

PvK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 05:55:00 pm »

Ok, so skill acquisition and throwing are abusable as heck at the moment. And, the AI can abuse staircases.

Does anyone have a way to get more water?

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 06:54:00 pm »

*hint* drink from ponds... although my dragon adventurer is fully fine any time he goes back to the world map... well, I'm GONNA SLAUGHTER UP ME A HUMAN TOWN!
HY DO THE DOGS KEEP EXPLODING?
Pages: 1 [2]