Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Artifact millstone building deconstructed by FB when it shouldn't be?  (Read 442 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm asking because I swear I saw somewhere in a discussion about traps against building destroyers and the fact that artifact buildings or furniture won't be deconstructed by FBs and other building destroyers. Maybe it was a quern that was mentioned and not a millstone.

Then again, I used a regular mechanism in it, so maybe if I used an artifact mechanism..... (which I don't have yet)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Artifact millstone building deconstructed by FB when it shouldn't be?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 06:25:37 pm »

similar with a bridge made of magma safe stone that is linked to a lever using non-magma safe mechanism, it will deconstruct the bridge when the mechanism is destroyed
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 10:23:54 pm »

Artifact structures are not immune to deconstruction by building destroyers. They are, however, immune to being destroyed by them. As I understand it, regular doors and the like under attack by building destroyers take damage, showing as increasingly worn (like clothing) until they're destroyed. The wiki appears to back me up on this one: Building destroyer article.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 01:06:28 am »

Well, in a previous fort that I decided to end through HFS, I had an artifact door that I had placed near the cavern entrance as a building destroyer distraction device (FBs were the intended target). I actually ended up having nearly all of the demons attracted to it like moths to a flame, but they never deconstructed the door.