Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Doors  (Read 464 times)

Jayfrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Doors
« on: March 03, 2008, 05:22:00 pm »

Is it possible to lock a door? Or would it be the same as forbidding passage?
Can you make it so only one person may enter? is it planned to have keys to open certain doors?

and also whats the difference of a door set to external as aposed to internal

My child got ripped to shreds by invading goblins, which caused my wife to go mad and was shot down by the town guard for attacking the brewer and they both rotted before my eyes....

But dayyumm my room looks nice

Mood: Fine

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Doors
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 06:00:00 pm »

So far, I've found that making a door "forbidden" and "tightly closed" essentially locks the door.  Not sure how you would make a door passable to only one dwarf.  However, "internal" doors will allow rooms to be designated through the door.  For example, if you have an office and want to make a waiting room (pointless save for aesthetics) you could put an "internal" door between the two, and still have the waiting room count as part of the office, even thought there's a door in the way.  Not sure why you would use this, but it's there.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Yobgod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doors
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 09:27:00 pm »

People here will generally use the phrases 'forbid passage' and 'lock door' interchangeably, even though they aren't really the same.

You cannot at this time restrict a door to use by specific dwarves.

If you could, I note, you wouldn't need to be able to restrict workshops anymore (as long as you gave them doors...