Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Dwarfy McDwarf), Recruit cancels (Do Something in Barra  (Read 536 times)

ToxicFrog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(Dwarfy McDwarf), Recruit cancels (Do Something in Barra
« on: March 03, 2008, 04:59:00 pm »

I'm getting constantly spammed by messages from my soldiers saying that they can't do something - typically "Sleep" or "Spar In Barracks" - because of "dangerous terrain". I can't figure out what might be causing this; the barracks has a perfectly flat and level floor and there's nothing unusual going on nearby apart from a donkey that is for some reason standing in the middle of it. Anyone have ideas as to what could be happening here?

Jayfrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Dwarfy McDwarf), Recruit cancels (Do Something in Barra
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 05:07:00 pm »

Are the troops in the barracks because their only path to the barracks might be through dangerous terrain. ie, a rabid squirel is standing infront of the door.
My child got ripped to shreds by invading goblins, which caused my wife to go mad and was shot down by the town guard for attacking the brewer and they both rotted before my eyes....

But dayyumm my room looks nice

Mood: Fine

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 05:34:00 pm »

Dangerous terrain should only pop up if there's water or magma in the way... or there's a cave-in. Perhaps look around for those?

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 07:07:00 pm »

Whenever I see this message there's usually a fair bit of blood on the ground, so I thought that might somehow be connected.  Animals underfoot may also be to blame.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 07:08:00 pm »

It's blood.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Anonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 07:20:00 pm »

I've noticed the same thing. Some blood on the ground, but it definitely wasn't a hostile NPC, water, magma, or a cave-in.