Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: civilizations screen  (Read 500 times)

toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
civilizations screen
« on: March 03, 2008, 04:56:00 pm »

on the (c)ivilizations screen, what does the green "p" or the yellow "w" mean?
-Toast-_

Naero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: civilizations screen
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 05:25:00 pm »

Peace and war, I would presume.
Quote from: Toady One
# 03/17/2009: The broken-armed dwarf understood that he needed to run off to the hospital zone properly, but care never came, because I'm still working on that. Poor little buddy.
#  03/18/2009: He's now surrounded by many skilled medical professionals. They still aren't all that useful, but just their presence must be encouraging for him. Well, I guess that's not true either.

toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 06:39:00 pm »

thats what i though originally. but when you scroll through them the letters change. Sometimes there isnt a letter at all. And also, the dwarven and the goblin civilization says that they are at war. I assume that means with each other? and if so...what is the point? surely the game wouldnt allow one to wipe out the other? or would it?
-Toast-_

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 06:43:00 pm »

When you scroll over a civilization, the P means that civilization the P is next to is at peace with the civilization you are scrolled over, and the W means that civilization the W is next to is at war with the civilization you are scrolled over.
Of course it's really funny going over the Elf Civilization in my game that has a nice P next to the goblins, when the goblins just wiped their caravan out to an elf  ;)
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 07:40:00 pm »

The elves are all about peace and love.

I'm never clear on when war starts with the goblins; you're at peace at first, and eventually I tend to notice I'm at war with them.  Is it the first snatcher, the first ambush, or what?