Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deal with molten metal  (Read 965 times)

Thk13421

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Deal with molten metal
« on: September 09, 2013, 05:31:29 pm »

So, a Dragon attacked my fort just as some merchants were showing up. He hit my trade depot with his breath, and basically annihilated a half dozen merchants and guards. My traps and millitia killed it (without casualties!), but it started a hell of a fire. It somehow managed to light a pair of large cut Yellow Diamonds on fire and turned... something into a pool of molten trifle pewter. I've put out the diamonds, but I can't get the molten metal to go away. Anyone have any suggestions?

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deal with molten metal
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 07:31:38 pm »

The molten metal should (barring temperature bugs) cool off eventually and become dumpable-or maybe cleanable.  or you could flood the area with magma and burn away the impurities.

And just as an aside dragonfire is bout the hottest thing out there capable of melting/burning just about everything that isn't dragon or ...similarly hot.
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 11:02:56 pm »

And just as an aside dragonfire is bout the hottest thing out there capable of melting/burning just about everything that isn't dragon or ...similarly hot.
or so cold its impossible to burn, Nethercap is the ultimate in dragon proffing, to bad I havent found a way to weaponize in a way more intresting than a minecart shotgun

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 02:59:27 pm »

Try flooding it with water?

As far as I know, "molten" metals and the ilk are technically contaminants... I've never done science, but I wouldn't expect you to be able to get the stuff back. And yeah, Dragonfire is approximately 40,000 degrees Celsius. That's almost ten times the surface of the sun.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread