Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Every dwarf is 'Shearing Creatures' and I don't know why.  (Read 525 times)

Dwarfykinz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Every dwarf is 'Shearing Creatures' and I don't know why.
« on: September 09, 2013, 11:38:00 pm »

I would like to know why my dwarfs are apparently trying to shear a creature even though I have none, this was done for about 20 seconds and every dwarf was said to be shearing a creature(I am also using dwarf therapist, could it be that?).  I am trying out a fortress in a haunted biome, have not been attacked (though I do have 2 missing animals and 1 dead cat). I don't play DF too much, though I do obsess over it, so I was wandering whether this was normal or not and if not why.  Thank You.

Sorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • EnglishWithCoffee
Re: Every dwarf is 'Shearing Creatures' and I don't know why.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 01:01:16 am »

Is that Dwarf Therapist saying that every dwarf is shearing a creature, or the game itself?
Intelligent is a strong word to use around DF.
you're lucky it wasn't an adventurer.  I've heard they can bash your skull in by throwing water at you.  UNDERWATER

Dwarfykinz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 01:51:27 am »

I saw the shearing a creature symbol on Dwarf Therapist and thought something was wrong but my dwarves weren't doing anything, so I believe it was DF.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 07:13:03 am »

I saw the shearing a creature symbol on Dwarf Therapist and thought something was wrong but my dwarves weren't doing anything, so I believe it was DF.

That's almost certainly a DT bug. Shearing creature isn't an automatic job, it must be queued up explicitly in a farmer's workshop and is only taken by dwarfs with the "shearer" labour active. If DT tells you there's a lot of shearing going on when you haven't ordered it, something's wrong in your Dwarf Therapist.

Dwarfykinz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 06:45:04 am »

Okay, thank you.