Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human Diplomats?  (Read 509 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Human Diplomats?
« on: September 14, 2013, 08:54:16 pm »

I just had a Human Diplomat show up, a Law-Giver seems to be the only skill I can see.  Also she is a capital (red)N.  Seems she is a vampire - there is something really, seriously wrong with the human civilizations in this world.  I failed to look at the legends but many engravings in my Fortress seem to suggest the Elves have fought some very bloody wars against some 'Evil' humans.  The fact that they feel they can send a vampire to talk to me may have to do with my two vampires on staff.   ;)

Or is suggests that mankind is ruled by another race or something else.  Don't know.

But the point is I have never dealt with a diplomat before (outside of the elves complaining about my treatment of the forests).  I assume she wishes to talk about trade?    We have a Baroness now, and I assume this triggered the event, but we have already been trading with caravans from the Elves, Humans, and Dwarfs already.   I just hope my Baroness does not throw something at her.   ::) 

Any advice?

The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Human Diplomats?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 09:34:59 pm »

I don't think the human diplomat does anything, they say something to the mayor and then leave.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 03:45:51 am »

Demons and the like sometimes pose as godlike beings and fool the weak willed humans and goblins in obeying there rule
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 12:24:50 pm »

Yeah, she just kind of visited and left.

On examining the legends (I made a copy of the game) I noticed many of the first Dwarf Kings were ALSO vampires.   :D   Not OUR first King of course, for Erib Calmaxes was a good and living Dwarf when he founded 'The Boot of Squeezing'.   But even my civilization's history is still kind of interesting.  The amount of detail in the historical records could make one read if for hours. 
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!