Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: d&d 3.0 question  (Read 718 times)

ZNAG1066

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
d&d 3.0 question
« on: September 13, 2013, 03:03:17 pm »

My cousin just lent me a bunch of dungeons and dragons books that are version 3.0. I know that the 3.5 edition came out a few years after 3.0, but I don't want to spend the money buying a whole new set of books.

So my question is this: can anyone tell me a few of the biggest improvements from 3.0 to 3.5 that i can implement in my game (such as changes to certain spells, weapons, rules, etc.)? I've that 3.0 had some balance issues, but I've never played the game before so I don't know if they will be a problem or not.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: d&d 3.0 question
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 03:51:39 pm »

3.0 has some monstrous balance issues in the extended books, but the core books aren't that bad. If you're mixing and matching with 3.5 books, probably the biggest thing you'll notice for core book PCs is that some skills like "innuendo" are gone- in that case, it was folded into Bluff.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei